Kids will love the amazing variety of science parks and learning centres. Children of all ages love to learn through play. We're surrounded by scientific marvels, nature's miracles and history written into our landscapes.
Yorkshire has some of the best museums in the country. Imagine a place where you can explore, touch, learn, discover and most of all have fun. At Yorkshire's musuems we have lots of stuff going on to tempt you and your families.
- The Yorkshire Museum, York has just reopened after a £2,000,000 refurbishment with three major new exhibitions - Roman York, Medieval York and Extinct - as well as the brand new History of York audio visual spectacular.
- Yorkshire Air Museum, near York, houses fascinating displays, such as the superb new Bomber Command exhibition, restored Control Tower, Air Gunners Room and much more.
- Thackray Museum in Leeds brings to life the history of medicine.
- Royal Armouries Museum in Leeds displays over 8,000 objects in 5 galleries coupled with live jousting tournaments and falconry displays to bring the past to life.
- MAGNA features 'The Big Melt', a pyrotechnic and audio display of power, enough to shake everything underfoot and overhead.
- National Coal Mining Museum, Wakefield, is an exciting and enjoyable insight into the working lives of miners through the ages.
- National Railway Museum, Every weekend, enjoy explosive science shows and storytelling and join our Explainers as they share fantastic facts and stories. Get hands-on during the school holidays with family activities, demonstration and live theatre. Check their website for a full timetable of events and activities.
- Dinostar - The Dinosaur Experience, Hull. Highlights of Dinostar include a full-size T rex skull, Triceratops bones you can touch and a dinosaur Sound Box.
- Eureka! The National Children's Museum in Halifax, where everything has been designed to inspire children to find out about themselves and the world around them. Children can see their own skeleton, build a house, dig on the inland beach, or even get a job at the Post Office, all in a days play.
- A visit to York Minster is your moment in the long history of northern Europe's greatest gothic cathedral. You'll see traces of every age from the Roman occupation of York onwards to the future of this working and worshipping church. Go on a safari to discover the animals hidden amongst the carvings above the stalls in Minster's Chapter House.
- Metrodome Leisure Complex, Barnsley is a the perfect venue for a day of action packed activities and family fun this summer! Situated in close proximity to Barnsley Interchange, it is home to a wide range of excellent facilities offering something for all ages and tastes. If you haven't already discovered 'Barnsley's Hidden Treasure' you will be amazed by Calypso Cove waterpark which truly has the wow factor!