After all that running around....leave room for a yummy dessert.
The prosepect of a tantrum erupting over an uninspiring plate of food is enough to terrify any parent. Add to that scenario, cramped eating quarters, staff with a dislike of children, lack of highchairs and no suitable baby-changing facilities and your dining experiences could well turn into a nightmare.
Thankfully, Yorkshire doesn't have that problem. There are restaurants an cafes that taken the time and effort to consider a parents needs and have successfully combined great 'grown-up' food, with well thought out facilities and re-freshing kids menus.
Child Friendly Restaurants
After an action packed day out, take a well deserved rest in one of the many great restaurants catering for families. You are sure to receive a big Yorkshire welcome along with a fantastic children's menu.
- Magpie Cafe in Whitby is great for Fish and Chip lovers, who can enjoy their seaside treat on the seafront.
- Greens of Whitby, is a multi award winning restaurant & bistro has one of those enviable, picturesque settings, nestled close to the busy fishing harbour of this charming, bustling coastal town in Whitby, North Yorkshire, and the stunning backdrop of the North York Moors. A perfect choice for a family day out and delcious meal.
- The Pipe and Glass Inn, Beverley offers Michelin dining for the older ones and some scrumptious options for the little people. Kids should try the smooth lemon posset with crisp, clovey 'East Yorkshire Suage Cakes' made to a 200 year old recipe. There is a seperate vegetarian menu and the children will love the ham and pea risotto.
- Kilnsey Park café/restaurant offers a full menu of local Dales dishes, light snacks and teas. Visit the well stocked Kilnsey Estate farm shop for a wide selection of local produce including our award-winning smoked trout, pates and pies.
- Yorkshire Dales Ice Cream Parlour - Enjoy soda's & sundaes at the Chicago soda fountain, espresso from a shiny airstream or sample the vast array of ice creams, wafers, waffles, pancakes, Panini's & cakes. This place revives the 50's neighbourhood parlour with an amazing playground to boot.