The Works Skatepark covers 25,000 square foot and boasts professional and bespoke ramps. The Skatepark is used for BMXing, skateboarding, rollerblading and scooter riding. We provide a safe and secure environment for children and young people to play, relax and socialise. There are five sections in the park;
• The main section of the park is called ‘Big Street’, which features an array of driveways, quarter pipes, blocks, flat banks and hips.
• Easy Street is line of obstacles challenging all levels and styles of skating, inline and BMX allowing for a multitude of lines and tricks.
• The Pool hosts the 'backyard' pool complete with concrete coping and authentic tight transitions.
• The Spine and Bowl are a combination of two parallel spines in the middle of several sized quarter pipes and banks give riders many ways to flow back and forth. Up on the top deck is a 7ft bowl with a 5ft vertical extension.
• New for 2013 - ‘Dead space’ which is a Plaza style section which includes 2 rails, stair with a step up, flat bank one end with wall ride and in the middle pyramid with rail.
We are open to the public 360 days a year (see opening times). We work with schools, community groups and various local and national organisations delivering projects from Bikeability (cycling proficiency), BMX, Skate and Scooter coaching to healthy cookery sessions!
We offer one-to-one coaching and group coaching. We cater for small and large parties where possible and the facility can be hired privately.
“Our vision is to make the facility accessible and affordable to all. We aim to provide a safe environment where children, young people, and adults can engage in non-traditional sport on a regular basis. With emphasis on reducing obesity levels in young people, building community cohesion and targeting disaffected young people through sport.”
Monday – Thursday 4pm – 10pm
Friday 4pm – 9pm
Saturday – Sunday 10am – 8pm
Café serving hot and cold food open Monday – Thursday 4pm – 9pm Friday 4pm – 8pm and Weekends 10am – 7pm.
Chill out area – X-Boxes (with the latest games), Pool table, Giant bean bags, Large café seating area, large sofa area, Big screen TV playing the latest releases and streaming CCTV footage from the park.
You must be a member to "ride" the facility
|6 Month Membership||£10.00|