Whether you prefer a relaxing or an energetic holiday, you will enjoy your time at Studley House Farm, located in the Vale of Pickering, by the edge of the North York Moors and within easy reach of the colourful Yorkshire Coast. You will find a wide variety of places to visit, attractions to see, places to drink and to eat, and some beautiful rural locations for walking and cycling. For more information visit our website at http://www.studleyhousefarm.co.uk/pages/swallow.html
Places to visit:
- Castle Howard – Film location for Brideshead revisited.
- Dalby Forest – Walking and cycling routes to suit everyone.
- Eden Camp, Malton– Former prisoner of war camp now housing museum of life in wartime Britain.
- Goathland – Heartbeat country where the television series was filmed.
- Hutton le Hole– Home to the Ryedale folk museum.
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway – Heritage railway with services between Pickering and Whitby.
- Robin Hood’s Bay – Haunt of smugglers.
- Scampston Hall and Gardens – Regency country house with award winning walled garden.
- Scarborough – Seaside resort.
- Thornton-le-Dale – Picturesque village with famous chocolate box thatched cottage.
- Whitby – Seaside town and fishing port with a 199 step climb to the Abbey ruins and associations with Bram Stoker’s Dracula.
- York – Ancient Roman walled city with gothic Minster and many other attractions.
This area is excellent for walking and cycling.
- Chafer Wood walk(rich with flora and fauna), rises to a high point, giving fine views over Ebberston and beyond.
- The Blue Man walkstarts at nearby Allerston and takes in the edges of the Moors and Dalby Forest.
- Golfdriving range at Snainton, courses at Ganton and Malton.
- Ridingat Snainton.
- Swimmingat Malton and Pickering.
- Sports and Leisure Centreat Pickering.
- Clay pigeon shootingnear Malton.
- Fishingat Pickering Trout Lake, Moorland Trout Farm, Pickering, Selley Bridge Farm, Low Marishes and Wykeham Lakes en route to Scarborough.
- Palace Cinema, MaltonA variety of features for all ages.
- Kirk Theatre, Pickeringoperated by the Pickering Music Society.
- Flamingoland, Kirby MispertonAdventure park with roller-coasters and zoo.
- Thornton le Dale ShowAnnual agricultural and village show.
- Ryedale ShowAnnual show at Welburn Park near Kirkbymoorside.
- Malton ShowAnnual show at Scampston Park near Malton.