Waterton Park Hotel is a great choice of Hotel to stay in for a visit to Wakefield and the surrounding region of West Yorkshire.
Table of Contents
10 Fast Facts
- Waterton Park Hotel is a 4-star hotel located in Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England.
- The hotel is situated on a private island in the middle of a lake, surrounded by over 26 acres of parkland.
- The hotel’s historic building dates back to the 1700s and was originally a private residence.
- The hotel has 63 guest rooms, each with unique decor and modern amenities such as flat-screen TVs and free Wi-Fi.
- The hotel’s restaurant, The Bridgewalk, serves modern British cuisine made from locally-sourced ingredients.
- Waterton Park Hotel also has a spa and leisure club, featuring a swimming pool, sauna, steam room, and gym.
- The hotel offers wedding and event facilities, including a grand ballroom and outdoor marquee.
- The hotel’s location provides a peaceful and picturesque setting for outdoor activities such as fishing, boating, and hiking.
- Waterton Park Hotel is a short drive away from Wakefield city center, and within easy reach of popular Yorkshire attractions such as Yorkshire Sculpture Park and the Hepworth Wakefield art museum.
- The hotel has a reputation for exceptional service and has won multiple awards, including a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
Range of Rooms + A Cottage
There’s a range of accommodation on offer at Waterton Park, including:
- Standard single room
- Standard double room
- Executive double room
- Deluxe double room
- 3 Bedroom House – sleeps 5 (2x double rooms, 1x single room)
Waterton Park Hotel!
In a beautiful estate just outside Wakefield, Waterton Park Hotel features a golf course, spa and a leisure center . Just 10 minutes from the M1, the hotel has free Wi-Fi.
The elegant bedrooms at Waterton are located in either Walton Hall on the island or in Waterton Park Hotel on the main land, directly opposite the old hall. They are luxuriously decorated with rich fabrics and stylish furniture. All rooms have a private bathroom, satellite TV, work desk and tea and coffee facilities.
Charlies Bar is open all day for dining, including dinner in the evening. The combined Restaurant and Bar menu offer locally sourced seasonal dishes to suit all preferences.
The Waterton Hotel is in the grounds of Walton Hall, which sits on its own private island. The estate features a championship golf course, ESPA Spa, swimming pool, fitness center, hot tub and steam room.
Set in West Yorkshire countryside, Waterton Park Hotel is just 30 minutes’ drive from the lively cities of Leeds and Sheffield. Free parking is available, and the Peak District is a 40-minute drive away.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.4 for a two-person trip.
Waterton Park Hotel has been welcoming Booking.com guests since 9 Aug 2005
Hotel chain/brand: Classic British Hotels
- Top Location: Highly rated by recent guests (9.3)
- Breakfast Info
- Full English/Irish
- Free private parking available at the hotel
Welcome to Waterton Park Hotel & Spa and Walton Hall, a 4 star hotel in a scenic setting of rolling parkland with its own lake, a backdrop of ancient woodland and a championship golf course. This is the perfect place in which to relax, to use as a base for sight-seeing, to come for business or to hold the perfect wedding reception.
Walton Hall is a gracious Georgian mansion on an island surrounded by its own lake. It hosts the AA rosette Bridgewalk restaurant, excellent private dining and conference rooms, the relaxed and informal Charlie’s Bar offering casual all day dining and excellent leisure facilities at lake level.
Waterton Park Hotel is a modern purpose built hotel on the mainland with the spa and extensive conference and banqueting facilities.
We have 63 wonderfully appointed bedrooms most with stunning views over the surrounding lake, woodland or golf course, 22 bedrooms are situated on the Island in Walton Hall and 41 bedrooms on the main land in Waterton Park Hotel. There are 7 meeting and conference rooms and even a romantic hideaway cottage in the hotel grounds.
With easy access from all corners of the country Waterton Park Hotel is just four miles from the M1 (junction 39), only six miles from the M62 (junction 31) and a short taxi ride from Wakefield station.
And all of this is on the doorstep of some of Yorkshire’s greatest attractions including the world renowned Yorkshire sculpture park, the National Trust’s magnificent Nostell Priory and The Hepworth Wakefield.
Whether you’re visiting for business or pleasure, Waterton Park Hotel and Walton Hall offers unrivalled Yorkshire hospitality.
- On-Site Parking
- Access to Golf Course