White Linen, Whitby offers room-only accommodation for discerning adults who want to enjoy the cultural and scenic attractions of Whitby and the surrounding North Yorkshire Moors National Park. We do not accommodate children, we do not allow pets and we have a no-smoking policy throughout the premises and grounds.
White Linen, Whitby is a beautiful renovated Georgian townhouse in the heart of the historic fishing port of Whitby. Built in 1785 in the reign of King George III, this Grade II listed ship builder’s residence offers everything you need for an enjoyable stay. The spacious Georgian property has classical architectural features such as Doric columns, a sweeping staircase, coved ceilings, original fireplaces and sliding sash windows with operating shutters. For your comfort the house is fully centrally heated and all of our guest house rooms are en-suite.
We are in a prime location in Whitby’s town centre. We are only a short walk from the beach, harbour and Whitby’s renowned restaurants & bars. Car parks and train and bus stations are just a few hundred metres away.
Guest Rooms: Each of our four individually decorated guest rooms provide spacious, comfortable and classically furnished en-suite accommodation. Two of the rooms have king-size four-poster beds, whilst the other two have king-size beds.
- We provide our guests with bathrobes & slippers and complimentary Duck Island toiletries.
- All rooms have seating for 2 and a coffee table.
- Each room has a Tassimo coffee machine with a supply of Costa coffee and Suchard drinking chocolate, complimentary Harrogate spring water and of course Yorkshire tea as well as other refreshments.
- All rooms have a mini fridge with supply of fresh milk and if you want to indulge yourself in your favourite tipple, the fridge is large enough to hold a bottle of wine, or a few cans of beer!
- We have high speed broadband with Wi-Fi throughout the building. Each room has USB chargers. Each room has satellite TV giving 200 TV & radio channels and catch-up facility on some TV channels.
- Room only accommodation: We provide accommodation on a room-only basis in our four guest rooms. This means that you can enjoy a lie-in, if you wish and have breakfast at a time of your choice in one of Whitby’s numerous excellent restaurants and cafes – many of which are within a short walk of White Linen Whitby.
Short Breaks Our Specialty: Our minimum stay is 2 nights and our check-in days are Monday and Friday.
Self-Catering Apartment: We also have a spacious, contemporary self-catering loft apartment, which accommodates 4 adults in two bedrooms. One bedroom has a king-size bed and the other a double.