Welcome to Arnold, a charming village nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, England. This quaint locale offers a unique blend of rich history, picturesque landscapes, and traditional English charm. Whether you’re a history buff, nature enthusiast, or simply looking for a peaceful getaway, Arnold, East Yorkshire, provides a serene backdrop for a truly authentic English countryside experience. Its close proximity to larger towns and cities also makes it an ideal base for exploring the wider region.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Arnold
- Arnold is a small hamlet located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- It is situated approximately 3 miles north-west from the market town of Beverley.
- The hamlet falls within the civil parish of Rowley.
- Arnold consists of a few scattered farms and houses.
- It is surrounded by open fields and farmland, typical of the East Yorkshire landscape.
- Arnold does not have its own church; the closest one is in the nearby village of Rowley.
- The hamlet is served by a single bus service that connects it to Beverley and other nearby villages.
- Arnold is part of the UK Parliament constituency of Beverley and Holderness.
- Despite its small size, Arnold is home to a number of listed buildings, including Arnold Manor House and Arnold Farmhouse.
- Arnold is not to be confused with the town of Arnold in Nottinghamshire, which is much larger and more well-known.
Arnold on the map
Frequently Asked Questions about Arnold, East Yorkshire
Where is Arnold, East Yorkshire located?
Arnold is a small hamlet located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
What are some notable attractions in Arnold, East Yorkshire?
Arnold is a small place, but it is surrounded by beautiful countryside and is close to larger towns and cities with various attractions. It’s a great place for those who enjoy peaceful, rural settings.
What is the population of Arnold, East Yorkshire?
Arnold is a small hamlet, so it has a very small population. For the most accurate population information, it’s recommended to check the latest census data.
After exploring Arnold, East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. Hull, known for its vibrant maritime history, is just a short drive away. Here, you can visit the Hull Maritime Museum, The Deep Aquarium, and the historic Old Town. Beverley, another nearby town, is famous for its stunning Minster and historic racecourse. The Yorkshire Wolds, a series of rolling hills and charming villages, are perfect for those who enjoy outdoor activities. The city of York, with its iconic York Minster, ancient city walls, and the Jorvik Viking Centre, is also within easy reach. Lastly, the beautiful coastal towns of Bridlington and Scarborough offer sandy beaches and stunning sea views.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.