Address: Richard Sexton & Co, Old Road, Clapham, LA2 8JH

Phone: 01524 251747


Visit Website


Glencroft is a brand of country clothing and accessories all from sheep – wool, tweed and sheepskin. We supply shops and retailers across Yorkshire with our range, made as locally as possible with local materials.

Glencroft was established in 1987 by Richard and Justina Sexton as a range of classic British countrywear made from natural fibres including British Wool, Harris Tweed and sheepskin. Then as now we used local mills, factories and tanneries to create our unique range.

Based in a 200 year old converted cow barn in Clapham in the Yorkshire Dales National Park. We take inspiration from the rural life and stunning scenery that surrounds us, from our Yorkshire style flat caps and warm chunky jumpers, to our 100% British hand finished sheepskin rugs.

Visit our factory shop and warehouse from Monday to Friday to browse our full range, you may even see sheepskin rugs being hand finished and woolly goods being packed for distribution around the world.

Our most popular products include Harris Tweed and Yorkshire tweed caps and hats, 100% British Wool jumpers and accessories for men, women and children, leather handbags, lambskin and knitted wool gloves and mittens, wool slippers, Yorkshire woven scarves and travel rugs and are signature real sheepskin rugs.

To this day we use the same philosophy as when we first started to manufacture our products, responsibly sourcing high quality materials and creating timeless products that last; nothing fancy, just honest, decent clothing, or ‘proper’ as we say in Yorkshire.

Richard has worked in the British wool and sheepskin industry since the 1960s and has seen massive changes in British manufacturing over the past 60 years. He remembers when it used to take a week to visit all the different Yorkshire woollen mills – we still work with some of the few remaining.

His son Edward now also runs the business, ensuring we keep to our traditional business values whilst using all the latest modern technology to best serve our customers and keep them warm and cosy in natural materials.

Over 90% of our products are made right here in the UK, many in the same factories by the same people for the past 30 years. The other 10% is made in mainland Europe, again by people and factories that we know, trust and spend time with every year.

Every British sheepskin rug is hand finished and quality checked by Richard using a steady hand. Where possible we reuse every offcut and waste material – either giving to local people and organisations for free, or using for items such as our sheepskin bobble hats or stuffing our sheepskin poufs.

Related Accommodation

Bridge Cottage B&B

Station Road, Clapham, North Yorkshire, LA2 8DP

Related Attractions

Ingleborough Cave

Clapham, North Yorkshire, LA2 8EE