Founded in 1069 by Monk Benedict of Auxerre, the Abbey is one of the most notable parish churches in England. The 14th century Washington window takes its name from Prior John de Washington whose family tree can be traced to that of George Washington. There is a war memorial chapel and visitor trail. Open daily 9am – 4pm. Admission is free but donations are greatly appreciated.