Nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, England, lies the quaint and charming village of Balkholme. This serene destination, steeped in rich history and surrounded by picturesque landscapes, offers a unique blend of tranquility and adventure. From its historic landmarks to its stunning countryside views, Balkholme is a hidden gem that promises a truly authentic English experience. Whether you’re a history enthusiast, a nature lover, or simply seeking a peaceful retreat, Balkholme is a must-visit destination that will captivate and inspire.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Balkholme
- Balkholme is a small hamlet located in East Yorkshire, England.
- It is part of the civil parish of Kilpin.
- The hamlet is situated approximately 2 miles east from the town of Howden.
- Balkholme is part of the East Riding of Yorkshire council district.
- It is located in the Yorkshire and the Humber region of England.
- The hamlet is surrounded by open fields and farmland, reflecting its rural setting.
- Balkholme is not far from the River Ouse, a major waterway in the region.
- It is a quiet place with a small population, offering a peaceful rural lifestyle.
- Despite its small size, Balkholme is well connected by road, with the M62 motorway nearby.
- The nearest railway station to Balkholme is Howden, which is about 2.5 miles away.
Balkholme on the map
Frequently Asked Questions about Balkholme, East Yorkshire
Where is Balkholme, East Yorkshire located?
Balkholme is a small village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 2 miles east of the town of Howden.
What are some notable attractions in Balkholme, East Yorkshire?
While Balkholme is a small village, it is surrounded by the beautiful countryside of East Yorkshire. Nearby Howden also offers a variety of attractions including Howden Minster, a historic church, and various local shops and restaurants.
What is the population of Balkholme, East Yorkshire?
Balkholme is a small village with a population of less than 100 people. It offers a quiet, rural lifestyle for its residents.
After exploring the quaint village of Balkholme in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. The historic market town of Howden, just a short drive away, is known for its stunning Minster and array of charming shops and cafes. Nature lovers should head to the Tophill Low Nature Reserve, a haven for wildlife and a great spot for birdwatching. History enthusiasts can visit the Burton Agnes Hall, a magnificent Elizabethan house with beautiful gardens. For a seaside experience, the coastal town of Bridlington is not far away, offering sandy beaches, a bustling harbour and the Bridlington Old Town, a treasure trove of heritage and culture.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.