Table of Contents
Bingley is located on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales, just down the Aire Valley from the famous Bronte area, an area rich in history with prehistoric Rombalds Way coming from the east, passing across what we now refer to as Ilkley Moor and on to the west coast.
There is also much in the way of more recent history with the mills, railway and the Leeds Liverpool canal, all from the industrial revolution. The town is home to a variety of attractions, including the iconic Five Rise Locks, the serene St. Ives Estate, and a bustling town centre filled with independent shops and eateries. Whether you’re a history buff, a nature lover, or a foodie, Bingley has something to offer for everyone. Experience the warmth of Yorkshire hospitality and the beauty of English countryside in Bingley.
Accommodation in and around Bingley
Also see our dedicated Bingley hotels page.
Latest about Bingley
Fact Pack – Bingley, West Yorkshire
- Bingley is a market town in the metropolitan borough of the City of Bradford, in West Yorkshire, England.
- The town is situated on the River Aire and the Leeds and Liverpool Canal.
- Bingley was historically a part of the West Riding of Yorkshire.
- The town is known for the Bingley Five Rise Locks on the Leeds and Liverpool Canal, which is the steepest lock staircase in the UK.
- Bingley has a population of approximately 20,000 people.
- The town is home to several landmarks including the Bingley Arts Centre and the Little Theatre.
- Bingley is surrounded by several villages including Cottingley, Crossflatts, Eldwick, Harden, and Gilstead.
- The town has a railway station, Bingley railway station, which provides direct links to Leeds, Bradford, and Skipton.
- Bingley is home to the annual Bingley Music Live festival, which attracts thousands of visitors each year.
- The town is also known for its walking festival, the Bingley Walkers are Welcome, which promotes the town’s beautiful countryside.
Bingley on the map
FAQs About Bingley
What is the transportation like in Bingley, West Yorkshire?
Bingley is well-served by public transportation. It has a railway station that offers regular services to Leeds, Bradford, and Skipton. There are also numerous bus services that connect Bingley with surrounding towns and villages.
Where is Bingley located?
Bingley is located in West Yorkshire, England. It’s situated on the River Aire and the Leeds and Liverpool Canal.
What are some notable attractions in Bingley, West Yorkshire?
Some notable attractions in Bingley include the Five Rise Locks on the Leeds and Liverpool Canal, Bingley St. Ives Estate, a large park and woodland area with recreational facilities, and the Bingley Arts Centre.
Also have a look at the surrounding areas, which includes the impressive 2025 City of Culture, Bradford, and many other West Yorkshire jewels. You could head to the picturesque town of Ilkley, famous for its moorland and Victorian architecture. If you’re a fan of literature, Haworth, the hometown of the Bronte sisters, is a must-visit. For nature lovers, the Yorkshire Dales is within easy reach, offering breathtaking landscapes and numerous walking trails. And of course, no trip to Yorkshire would be complete without visiting the historic city of York, with its iconic Minster, medieval walls, and the Jorvik Viking Centre.