Welcome to Buckton, a charming village nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, England. This quaint locale offers a unique blend of rich history, stunning landscapes, and warm hospitality. Whether you’re a history enthusiast, a nature lover, or simply looking for a peaceful retreat, Buckton promises an unforgettable experience. Its serene ambiance, picturesque views, and proximity to the breathtaking Bempton Cliffs make it an ideal destination for tourists seeking a tranquil escape from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Table of Contents
Accommodation in Buckton
Fact Pack – Buckton
- Buckton is a small village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- The village is situated approximately 3 miles north of Bridlington.
- Buckton is part of the civil parish of Bempton.
- The village is known for its peaceful and rural setting, offering a quiet retreat from the bustling city life.
- It is surrounded by beautiful countryside, making it a popular destination for walkers and nature lovers.
- Buckton is home to a number of historical buildings, including the Grade II listed Buckton House.
- The village has a small population, contributing to its close-knit community feel.
- Buckton is also home to a variety of wildlife, including a number of bird species, making it a popular spot for birdwatching.
- The village has a local pub, the White Horse Inn, which is a popular spot for locals and visitors alike.
- Despite its small size, Buckton has a strong sense of community, with a number of events and activities taking place throughout the year.
Buckton on the map
FAQs about Buckton, East Yorkshire
Where is Buckton, East Yorkshire located?
Buckton is a small village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
What are some notable attractions in Buckton, East Yorkshire?
Buckton is known for its beautiful countryside, the Buckton Cliffs, and the Bempton Cliffs Reserve which is a popular spot for bird watching.
What are the transportation options in Buckton, East Yorkshire?
Buckton is accessible by road and also has a railway station, Bempton railway station, which provides connections to larger cities.
After exploring the charming village of Buckton in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. Head to the bustling seaside resort of Bridlington, just a few miles away, known for its beautiful beaches, historic harbour, and the Bridlington Spa, a venue for concerts and events. Nature lovers should not miss the RSPB Bempton Cliffs, a nature reserve that is home to a variety of seabirds. History enthusiasts can visit the Burton Agnes Hall, a magnificent Elizabethan manor house with stunning gardens. Alternatively, you can explore the picturesque market town of Driffield, known as the ‘Capital of the Wolds’, which offers a range of shops, eateries, and beautiful walks along the Driffield Canal.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.