Win a 1-night mid-week stay at Galtres Lodge York
Probably the most central hotel in York. Certainly the one with most personality! Fun, relaxed, friendly, historic, and a little bit quirky. Proud member of Indie York, dog friendly, independently owned, and home to the awesome Forest restaurant.
Galtres Lodge is located in the very centre of York. Small yet perfectly formed, the building was originally two Georgian townhouses, which have been combined to make this charming 12-bedroom hotel and restaurant. Step out of the doors onto the busy shopping street of Low Petergate; turn right to see the magnificent York Minster, situated immediately behind the hotel; or turn left to walk to the historic cobbled street, The Shambles, just 2 minutes away.
Most bedrooms have stunning features which highlight the history of this listed building; expect to find original oak beam ceilings, exposed brick walls, and traditional fireplaces. Some rooms have views of York Minster.
The hotel’s restaurant is called Forest, and promotes fun dining not fine dining, with tasty home-made food, relaxed times, & good vibes all day every day!
Proudly housed within Galtres Lodge Hotel, the name Forest comes from our history, with the word Galtres originating from an ancient forest: The Royal Forest of Galtres was established by the Norman kings of England, and once extended to the York city walls.
THIS COMPETITION HAS NOW CLOSED
Terms and Conditions:
- Deadline for entry is December 31st 2021
- One winner will be picked at random from all correct entries
- Prize includes bed and breakfast for up to 2 people sharing a room, the winner may choose any available room
- The stay can be taken during January, February, or March 2022, on any evening Sunday to Thursday (not a Friday or Saturday), subject to the hotel’s availability
- Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable.
- No cash alternative is available.
- The winner will be selected at random.
- The judge’s decision is final