With a unique story at the heart of its creation, The Bowes Museum was founded by an extraordinary woman, Joséphine Bowes, an artist and an actress – a pioneer ahead of her time – together with her husband and great love, John Bowes.
Offering one of Britain's most fascinating museum experiences, it is home to one of the most important collections of European fine and decorative arts in the UK. Paintings by Old Masters can be found alongside textiles, fashion, silver & metals, ceramics and furniture. The permanent collections are complemented by an acclaimed exhibition programme which for this winter includes: North Country Quilts: In Celebration of New Acquisitions, Regeneration by artist Martin Kinnear and a stunning 12 Days of Christmas Display.
Situated in the picturesque market town of Barnard Castle, just off the A66 in 20 acres of beautiful gardens and parkland, the Museum offers excellent seasonal dining and a fabulous gift shop.
Competition Prize – Entry for two, with afternoon tea and a curated tour of the Museum.
THIS COMPETITION HAS NOW CLOSED
Terms and Conditions:
- Deadline for entry is 31 December 2021.
- Prize is valid for two people visiting the Museum before 31 December 2022.
- Prize includes tour of the Museum and afternoon tea in Café Bowes.
- Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable.
- No cash alternative is available.
- The winner will be selected at random from correct entries submitted.
- The judge’s decision is final.