Welcome to Clifton, a charming village located in West Yorkshire. This quaint locale is steeped in history, with its roots tracing back to the Domesday Book. Clifton offers a unique blend of rural tranquility and accessibility, being just a stone’s throw away from the bustling town of Brighouse. With its picturesque landscapes, historic architecture, and friendly community, Clifton provides an authentic slice of Yorkshire life. Whether you’re a history buff, nature lover, or simply seeking a peaceful retreat, Clifton is a destination that promises a memorable visit.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Clifton, West Yorkshire
- Clifton is a village in the county of West Yorkshire, England.
- It is located near the town of Brighouse, within the Metropolitan Borough of Calderdale.
- The village is situated on a hill overlooking the Calder Valley.
- Clifton was historically a part of the township of Hipperholme with Brighouse.
- It was once a thriving industrial area with coal mining and textile manufacturing industries.
- The village is home to the Black Horse Inn, a traditional English pub that dates back to the 17th century.
- Clifton has a village hall, which is a hub for community activities and events.
- The village is served by a primary school, Clifton Village Primary School.
- Clifton is known for its annual Scarecrow Festival, where residents display homemade scarecrows around the village.
- The village is surrounded by beautiful countryside, offering opportunities for walking and cycling.
Clifton, West Yorkshire, on the map
FAQs About Clifton, West Yorkshire
Where is Clifton located in West Yorkshire?
Clifton is a small village located in the Calderdale Metropolitan Borough of West Yorkshire, England. It’s situated near the town of Brighouse.
What are some notable attractions in Clifton, West Yorkshire?
Clifton is known for its beautiful countryside views and historic buildings. Nearby, in the town of Brighouse, you can visit attractions like the Smith Art Gallery, the Brighouse Canal, and the Cromwell Bottom Nature Reserve.
What is the population of Clifton, West Yorkshire?
Clifton is a small village, so the population is not very large. However, the exact population can vary, so it’s recommended to check the most recent census data for the most accurate information.
Where Next after Clifton, West Yorkshire?
Having visited the charming village of Clifton in West Yorkshire, you might be wondering where to head next. A short drive away is the bustling town of Halifax, home to the stunning Piece Hall and Eureka! The National Children’s Museum. Alternatively, you could head to the city of Bradford to explore the National Science and Media Museum or the beautiful Lister Park. If you’re a fan of literature, the Brontë Parsonage Museum in Haworth is a must-visit. For nature lovers, the Yorkshire Dales National Park is not too far away, offering breathtaking landscapes and numerous walking trails. And of course, no trip to Yorkshire would be complete without visiting the historic city of York, with its magnificent Minster, the Shambles, and the Jorvik Viking Centre.