Welcome to Cowden, a charming village nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, England. This quaint locale offers a unique blend of rural tranquility and rich history, making it an ideal destination for tourists seeking a peaceful retreat. From its picturesque landscapes, serene walking trails, to its close proximity to the stunning Yorkshire coastline, Cowden promises a truly authentic English countryside experience. Whether you’re a history enthusiast, nature lover, or simply looking for a relaxing getaway, Cowden, East Yorkshire awaits to captivate you with its charm.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Cowden
- Cowden is a small village and civil parish located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- The village is situated approximately 3 miles south-east of the town of Hornsea.
- According to the 2011 Census, Cowden had a population of 128 people.
- The village is known for its beautiful coastal scenery, including the Cowden Sands.
- Cowden is part of the electoral ward called South East Holderness.
- The village has a rich history, with evidence of human habitation dating back to the Bronze Age.
- Cowden is home to a caravan park, which is a popular destination for tourists and holidaymakers.
- The village has a church named St. James, which is a Grade II listed building.
- Cowden was historically part of the Holderness Wapentake, a division of the historic county of Yorkshire.
- The village is also known for the Cowden Holiday Park, which offers a range of facilities for visitors.
Cowden on the map
FAQs about Cowden, East Yorkshire
Where is Cowden, East Yorkshire located?
Cowden is a small village and civil parish located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
What are some notable attractions in Cowden, East Yorkshire?
Cowden is known for its beautiful countryside, the Cowden Holiday Park, and the nearby Mappleton Beach.
How can I reach Cowden, East Yorkshire?
Cowden can be reached by road via the B1242. The nearest railway station is in Hull, which is approximately 15 miles away.
After exploring the charming village of Cowden in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. The historic market town of Beverley is just a short drive away, known for its stunning 13th-century Minster, bustling markets, and quaint tea rooms. Nature lovers should head to the Spurn National Nature Reserve, a unique coastal habitat home to a variety of wildlife. Hull, the 2017 UK City of Culture, is also nearby and offers a range of attractions including the Deep, one of the UK’s largest aquariums, and several free museums. For those interested in aviation, the Yorkshire Air Museum in Elvington is a must-visit. Lastly, the dramatic cliffs of Flamborough Head and the charming seaside town of Bridlington are perfect for those who love the coast.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.