Welcome to Emmotland, a charming village nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, England. This quaint locale is a hidden gem, offering a serene escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. With its picturesque landscapes, rich history, and warm, welcoming locals, Emmotland is a perfect destination for those seeking a tranquil retreat. Whether you’re a history buff, nature lover, or simply looking for a peaceful getaway, Emmotland promises a unique and memorable experience.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Emmotland
- Emmotland is a hamlet in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- It is situated approximately 2 miles north-west from the village of North Frodingham.
- The hamlet falls within the civil parish of North Frodingham.
- Emmotland is part of the UK parliamentary constituency of East Yorkshire.
- It is located in the Driffield ward/electoral division, which is in the constituency of East Yorkshire.
- Emmotland is surrounded by beautiful countryside and farmland.
- The nearest railway station to Emmotland is Driffield, which is approximately 5.6 miles away.
- Emmotland is known for its peaceful and quiet environment, making it a perfect place for those who love tranquility.
- It is a small community with a population that is less than 100.
- Emmotland is not heavily populated, hence it does not have many amenities, but essential services can be found in nearby towns and villages.
Emmotland on the map
FAQs about Emmotland, East Yorkshire
Where is Emmotland located in East Yorkshire?
Emmotland is a small hamlet located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 3 miles north-west from the market town of Driffield.
What are the main attractions in Emmotland, East Yorkshire?
Emmotland is known for its peaceful rural setting. It’s a great place for nature lovers and those who enjoy outdoor activities. The nearby Driffield offers a variety of shops, restaurants, and historical sites.
How can I reach Emmotland, East Yorkshire?
Emmotland is accessible by car from the nearby towns of Driffield and Beverley. There are also local bus services that connect Emmotland with other parts of East Yorkshire.
After exploring the tranquil village of Emmotland in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. The historic market town of Driffield, known as the ‘Capital of the Wolds’, is just a short drive away and offers a variety of shops, eateries, and a weekly market. Nature lovers should head to the Yorkshire Wolds, a series of rolling hills and valleys, perfect for walking and cycling. For a taste of seaside charm, the coastal town of Bridlington is nearby, with its beautiful beaches, historic harbour, and the stunning Flamborough Headland. History enthusiasts should not miss the chance to visit the magnificent Burton Agnes Hall, a stunning Elizabethan manor house with beautiful gardens.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.