Welcome to Fangfoss, a charming village nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, England. This quaint locale is a hidden gem, offering a unique blend of picturesque landscapes, rich history, and traditional English charm. Whether you’re a history enthusiast, nature lover, or simply seeking a tranquil escape from the hustle and bustle of city life, Fangfoss promises a delightful experience. Its serene ambiance, coupled with its proximity to the vibrant city of York, makes it an ideal destination for tourists seeking a taste of authentic rural England.
Table of Contents
Accommodation in Fangfoss
Fact Pack – Fangfoss
- Fangfoss is a village in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- It is situated approximately 11 miles to the east of York city centre.
- The village is located on the north side of the A166 road.
- Fangfoss is part of the civil parish of Fangfoss with Bolton.
- The village has a population of around 300 people.
- Fangfoss is known for its annual Park Bash, a community music festival.
- The village has a local pub called the Carpenters Arms.
- There is a Church of England church in Fangfoss named St Martin’s.
- Fangfoss also has a primary school, Fangfoss Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School.
- The village is home to Jubilee Park, a community park developed in 2002 to celebrate the Golden Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II.
Fangfoss on the map
Frequently Asked Questions about Fangfoss, East Yorkshire
Where is Fangfoss located in East Yorkshire?
Fangfoss is a small village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is approximately 11 miles to the east of York.
What are some notable attractions in Fangfoss?
Fangfoss is known for its beautiful countryside and the Jubilee Park, which is a popular spot for picnics and outdoor activities. The village also hosts the annual Fangfest, a festival celebrating local arts and crafts.
What are the transportation options in Fangfoss?
Being a small village, Fangfoss doesn’t have a train station. The nearest train stations are in York and Beverley. However, there are local bus services that connect Fangfoss with nearby towns and villages.
After exploring the charming village of Fangfoss in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. The historic city of York is just a short drive away, offering a wealth of attractions including the iconic York Minster, the Shambles, and the Jorvik Viking Centre. Nature lovers should head to the Yorkshire Wolds, a series of rolling hills and tranquil valleys perfect for walking and cycling. For a seaside escape, the coastal towns of Bridlington, Scarborough, and Whitby offer beautiful beaches, fresh seafood, and stunning cliff-top views. Don’t miss the chance to visit the stately homes and gardens of Castle Howard and Burton Agnes Hall, both within easy reach.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.