Nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, Fimber is a charming, quaint village that offers a unique blend of history, culture, and natural beauty. This picturesque destination is a haven for those seeking tranquility away from the hustle and bustle of city life. With its rich heritage, stunning landscapes, and friendly locals, Fimber provides an authentic English countryside experience that is sure to captivate any tourist. Whether you’re a history buff, nature enthusiast, or simply looking for a peaceful retreat, Fimber is a must-visit destination in East Yorkshire.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Fimber
- Fimber is a small village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- The village is situated approximately 8 miles north-west from the market town of Driffield.
- Fimber is part of the civil parish of Wetwang.
- The village is surrounded by open countryside and farmland, typical of the Yorkshire Wolds.
- Historically, Fimber was part of the East Riding of Yorkshire county.
- The village is home to a medieval church, St Mary’s, which is a Grade II listed building.
- Fimber has a population of less than 100 people, making it a very small and close-knit community.
- The village is located near the historic site of a Roman road, which is now a popular walking route.
- Fimber is also home to a village hall, which is used for community events and gatherings.
- The village is known for its peaceful and rural setting, making it a popular destination for walkers and nature lovers.
Fimber on the map
Frequently Asked Questions about Fimber, East Yorkshire
Where is Fimber, East Yorkshire located?
Fimber, East Yorkshire is located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It’s a small village situated approximately 19 miles east of York.
What are some notable attractions in Fimber, East Yorkshire?
Fimber, East Yorkshire is known for its beautiful countryside views, historic buildings, and the Fimber Picnic Site. It’s a great place for nature lovers and those interested in English history.
What are the transportation options in Fimber, East Yorkshire?
Due to its rural location, the primary mode of transportation in Fimber, East Yorkshire is by car. However, there are also local bus services that connect Fimber to nearby towns and cities.
After exploring the quaint village of Fimber in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. The historic market town of Driffield, known as the ‘Capital of the Wolds’, is just a short drive away and offers a variety of shops, eateries, and a weekly market. Nature lovers should head to the Yorkshire Wolds, a series of rolling hills and valleys that offer stunning views and numerous walking trails. For those interested in history, the stately home and gardens of Sledmere House are a must-visit. The city of York, with its rich history, iconic Minster, and the famous Shambles, is also within easy reach. Lastly, the beautiful Yorkshire coastline, with its charming seaside towns like Bridlington and Scarborough, is perfect for a day trip.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.