Nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, Foston on the Wolds is a charming English village that offers a unique blend of history, tranquility, and natural beauty. This picturesque destination is perfect for tourists seeking a serene escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. With its quaint cottages, historic church, and stunning countryside views, Foston on the Wolds provides an authentic taste of rural England, making it an ideal spot for leisurely walks, picnics, and photography.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Foston on the Wolds
- Foston on the Wolds is a village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- It is situated approximately 9 miles north-west from the town of Bridlington.
- The village is surrounded by open countryside and farmland, typical of the Yorkshire Wolds.
- According to the 2011 Census, the village had a population of 128 people.
- The village church, St Andrew’s, is a Grade II listed building and dates back to the 13th century.
- Foston on the Wolds is part of the electoral ward called East Wolds and Coastal.
- The village is located on the B1249 road, providing easy access to nearby towns and cities.
- Historically, Foston on the Wolds was part of the Driffield Registration District.
- The village has a rich agricultural history, with many of its residents involved in farming.
- Foston on the Wolds is known for its peaceful and quiet rural setting, making it a popular place for those seeking a tranquil lifestyle.
Foston on the Wolds
Frequently Asked Questions about Foston on the Wolds, East Yorkshire
Where is Foston on the Wolds located?
Foston on the Wolds is a small village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
What are some notable attractions in Foston on the Wolds?
Foston on the Wolds is known for its peaceful rural setting, historic buildings, and close proximity to the Yorkshire Wolds and the East Yorkshire coastline.
What are the transportation options in Foston on the Wolds?
Being a small village, Foston on the Wolds is best navigated by car. However, there are also local bus services that connect it to nearby towns and cities.
After exploring the charming village of Foston on the Wolds in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. The historic market town of Driffield, known as the ‘Capital of the Wolds’, is just a short drive away and offers a variety of shops, eateries, and a weekly market. Nature lovers should head to the stunning Flamborough Head, a promontory of towering white cliffs and home to one of the most important seabird colonies in Europe. For a taste of seaside fun, the bustling resort town of Bridlington is nearby, with its sandy beaches, historic harbour, and funfair. History buffs will enjoy a visit to the magnificent Burton Agnes Hall, a stunning Elizabethan manor house with beautiful gardens.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.