Welcome to Grange Moor, a charming village located in West Yorkshire. Known for its rich history and picturesque landscapes, this place offers a unique blend of rural tranquility and easy access to urban amenities. Grange Moor is a haven for those who appreciate the outdoors, with numerous walking trails and stunning views. The village is also home to a variety of local businesses, including traditional pubs and cozy cafes. Whether you’re seeking a peaceful retreat or a base for exploring West Yorkshire, Grange Moor is an excellent choice.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Grange Moor, West Yorkshire
- Grange Moor is a small village located in West Yorkshire, England.
- The village is situated between Huddersfield and Wakefield.
- It is part of the civil parish of Kirkburton.
- Grange Moor is known for its rural setting, surrounded by farmland and open fields.
- The village is home to a number of local businesses, including pubs, shops, and a garage.
- Grange Moor has a brass band, which is a traditional feature of many Northern English villages.
- The village has a war memorial, which commemorates the local people who lost their lives in the two World Wars.
- Grange Moor’s main landmark is a large windmill, which is now a private residence.
- The village has a primary school, Grange Moor Primary School, which serves the local community.
- Grange Moor also has a number of sports teams, including a football team and a cricket club.
Grange Moor on the map
FAQs About Grange Moor
Where is Grange Moor located?
Grange Moor is located in West Yorkshire, England. It’s a small village situated between Huddersfield and Wakefield.
What are some notable features or landmarks in Grange Moor?
Grange Moor is known for its brass band, the Grange Moor Brass Band, which has been active since 1854. The village also features a war memorial and a notable landmark, the Grange Moor Mast.
What are the transportation options in Grange Moor?
Grange Moor is well-served by local bus services, providing connections to nearby towns and cities. The village is also conveniently located near the M1 motorway for easy car travel.
Where Next after Grange Moor?
Having visited the charming village of Grange Moor in West Yorkshire, you might be wondering where to head next. A short drive away is the bustling city of Leeds, known for its vibrant nightlife, shopping, and rich industrial history. You could also visit the historic town of Huddersfield, which boasts a blend of Victorian architecture and modern amenities. If you’re a nature lover, the stunning landscapes of the Yorkshire Dales National Park are a must-see. For those interested in history, the ancient city of York, with its iconic Minster, medieval walls, and Viking heritage, is a perfect choice. All these locations offer a unique taste of what Yorkshire has to offer.