Welcome to Hartshead Moor Top, a serene location in West Yorkshire that offers a unique blend of history and natural beauty. This elevated position is known for its panoramic views of the surrounding countryside. It’s also home to the Hartshead Moor Services, a popular stopover for travellers, and the Hartshead Moor Top war memorial, a poignant reminder of the area’s historical significance.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Hartshead Moor Top, West Yorkshire
- Hartshead Moor Top is located in West Yorkshire, England.
- It is part of the Metropolitan Borough of Kirklees.
- The area is known for its rural landscape, featuring rolling hills and open fields.
- Hartshead Moor Top is close to the M62 motorway, providing easy access to other parts of the country.
- The area is home to Hartshead Moor Services, a motorway service station on the M62.
- Hartshead Moor Top is near the village of Hartshead, which has a rich history dating back to the Anglo-Saxon period.
- The area is known for the Hartshead Moor Top war memorial, which commemorates the victims of the 1944 Hartshead Moor air disaster.
- It is also close to the historic St Peter’s Church, a Grade II* listed building.
- The area offers a number of walking and cycling routes, with stunning views of the West Yorkshire countryside.
- Hartshead Moor Top is not far from the town of Brighouse, which offers a range of amenities including shops, restaurants, and leisure facilities.
Hartshead Moor Top
FAQs About Hartshead Moor Top
Where is Hartshead Moor Top located?
Hartshead Moor Top is located in West Yorkshire, England.
What is Hartshead Moor Top known for?
Hartshead Moor Top is known for its beautiful countryside views and its close proximity to the Hartshead Moor Services, a service area on the M62 Motorway.
Are there any notable landmarks or attractions near Hartshead Moor Top?
Yes, nearby attractions include the Hartshead Moor Services, which has a memorial for the victims of the 1974 M62 coach bombing. The area is also close to the Pennine hills and various charming Yorkshire towns.
Where Next after Hartshead Moor Top?
Having visited the serene Hartshead Moor Top in West Yorkshire, there are several other key locations nearby that are worth exploring. You can head to the bustling city of Leeds, known for its rich industrial heritage and vibrant cultural scene. Don’t miss out on the Royal Armouries Museum and Leeds Art Gallery. Alternatively, you can visit the historic town of Halifax, home to the stunning Piece Hall and Eureka! The National Children’s Museum. If you’re a fan of the Brontë sisters, a trip to the quaint village of Haworth is a must, where you can visit the Brontë Parsonage Museum. For nature lovers, the Yorkshire Dales National Park offers breathtaking landscapes and numerous hiking trails. All these places not only offer a glimpse into Yorkshire’s diverse history and culture but also its stunning natural beauty.