Welcome to Havercroft, a charming village located in the Wakefield district of West Yorkshire. Known for its rich history and picturesque landscapes, Havercroft offers a unique blend of rural tranquility and easy access to urban amenities. The village is surrounded by beautiful countryside, making it a perfect destination for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts. With its close proximity to Wakefield, visitors can enjoy the peaceful village life while also exploring the vibrant city attractions. Whether you’re interested in history, nature, or simply looking for a relaxing getaway, Havercroft has something to offer everyone.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Havercroft, West Yorkshire
- Havercroft is a village in the Wakefield district of West Yorkshire, England.
- It is located approximately 7 miles southeast of the city of Wakefield.
- The village is part of the civil parish of Havercroft with Cold Hiendley.
- Havercroft is historically a part of the West Riding of Yorkshire.
- The village is surrounded by several other towns and villages, including Ryhill, Cold Hiendley, and Fitzwilliam.
- It is a predominantly residential area with a mix of private and council housing.
- Havercroft has a community centre which hosts a variety of activities and events for residents.
- The village has a sports and social club, which is home to Havercroft Sports FC.
- There are several green spaces in and around Havercroft, including Havercroft Green and Cold Hiendley Reservoir.
- The village has a small number of local amenities, including a post office, a convenience store, and a primary school.
Havercroft on the map
FAQs About Havercroft
Where is Havercroft located?
Havercroft is located in West Yorkshire, England.
What is Havercroft known for?
Havercroft is a small village known for its close-knit community and rural charm. It’s a part of the Wakefield district in West Yorkshire.
What are the transportation options in Havercroft, West Yorkshire?
Havercroft is accessible by road and has local bus services connecting it to nearby towns and cities. The nearest train station is in Wakefield, which is a short drive away.
Where Next after Havercroft?
Having visited the charming village of Havercroft in West Yorkshire, you might be wondering where to head next. A short drive away is the bustling city of Wakefield, known for its magnificent cathedral and the Hepworth Wakefield art gallery. If you’re a nature lover, the Newmillerdam Country Park is a must-visit. For history enthusiasts, the nearby Sandal Castle offers stunning views and a glimpse into the past. Further afield, but still within Yorkshire, you could explore the historic city of York with its iconic Minster and Viking heritage, or the beautiful coastal town of Whitby, famous for its Abbey and connection to Dracula. The Yorkshire Dales National Park, with its stunning landscapes and picturesque villages, is also a fantastic option for outdoor enthusiasts.