Welcome to Helme, a charming village located in West Yorkshire. This quaint location is known for its picturesque landscapes, historic architecture, and a strong sense of community. Surrounded by rolling hills and lush greenery, Helme offers a tranquil escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. The village is steeped in history, with a beautiful 19th-century church and traditional stone cottages that add to its unique character. Whether you’re a history enthusiast, nature lover, or simply seeking a peaceful retreat, Helme is a destination that promises a memorable visit.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Helme, West Yorkshire
- Helme is a small village located in West Yorkshire, England.
- The village is situated near the town of Meltham, approximately 5 miles southwest of Huddersfield.
- It is part of the civil parish of Meltham.
- Helme is known for its scenic beauty, surrounded by open countryside and rolling hills.
- The village is home to Helme Church of England (Voluntary Aided) Junior and Infant School.
- Helme has a local pub, The Rose and Crown, which is a popular spot for locals and visitors.
- The village is also home to Helme Hall, a historic building dating back to the 19th century.
- Helme is surrounded by several walking trails, making it a popular destination for hikers and nature lovers.
- The village has a strong sense of community, with several local events and festivals held throughout the year.
- Despite its small size, Helme offers a peaceful and quiet lifestyle, making it a desirable place to live for those who prefer a slower pace of life.
Helme on the map
FAQs About Helme, West Yorkshire
Where is Helme located?
Helme is located in West Yorkshire, a county in the northern part of England, United Kingdom.
What is Helme, West Yorkshire known for?
Helme is a small, charming village known for its peaceful environment. Folly Dolly Falls are nearby, accessible on foot.
How can I get to Helme, West Yorkshire?
The accessibility to Helme, West Yorkshire depends on your starting location. It’s typically reachable by car or public transportation like buses and trains. The nearest major airport is Leeds Bradford Airport. Always check the latest travel advisories and schedules.
Where Next after Helme, West Yorkshire?
Having visited the charming village of Helme in West Yorkshire, you might be wondering where to head next. A short drive away is the bustling town of Huddersfield, known for its Victorian architecture and rich industrial heritage. Here, you can explore the Huddersfield Art Gallery or take a stroll along the Huddersfield Narrow Canal. If you’re a fan of the Brontë sisters, a trip to the quaint village of Haworth should be on your list. It’s home to the Brontë Parsonage Museum, where the famous literary sisters lived and wrote their classic novels. For nature lovers, the Yorkshire Dales National Park is a must-visit. Its stunning landscapes of hills, valleys, and moors offer countless opportunities for hiking and wildlife spotting. Lastly, don’t miss out on visiting the historic city of York, with its magnificent York Minster, medieval city walls, and the fascinating Jorvik Viking Centre.