Welcome to Hipperholme, a charming village located in West Yorkshire. Known for its rich history and picturesque landscapes, Hipperholme offers a unique blend of rural tranquility and easy access to urban amenities. The village is steeped in history, with a number of historical buildings and landmarks that tell tales of its past. With its friendly community, excellent schools, and a variety of local businesses, Hipperholme is a delightful destination for visitors seeking a taste of authentic Yorkshire life. Whether you’re a history buff, a nature lover, or simply looking for a peaceful getaway, Hipperholme has something to offer everyone.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Hipperholme, West Yorkshire
- Hipperholme is a small village located in West Yorkshire, England.
- It is situated between the towns of Halifax and Brighouse.
- The village is part of the Metropolitan Borough of Calderdale.
- Hipperholme is historically a part of the West Riding of Yorkshire.
- It is known for its crossroads, which is a major traffic point connecting several towns.
- The village has a population of approximately 11,000 people.
- Hipperholme Grammar School, founded in 1661, is one of the oldest schools in the country.
- The village is home to several pubs, including the Whitehall Pub which dates back to the 17th century.
- Hipperholme has a rich industrial history, with several mills and quarries operating in the area during the 19th century.
- The village is surrounded by beautiful countryside, offering numerous walking and cycling routes.
Hipperholme on the map
FAQs About Hipperholme
Where is Hipperholme located?
Hipperholme is located in West Yorkshire, England. It’s a small village situated between Halifax and Bradford.
What is Hipperholme known for?
Hipperholme is known for its rich history and beautiful countryside. It’s also home to several notable buildings, including the historic Hipperholme Grammar School.
What are the transportation options in Hipperholme, West Yorkshire?
Hipperholme is well-served by public transportation, with regular bus services connecting it to nearby towns and cities. The nearest train station is located in Halifax, which is just a short drive away.
Where Next after Hipperholme?
Having visited the charming village of Hipperholme in West Yorkshire, you might be wondering where to head next. A short drive away is the bustling town of Halifax, home to the stunning Piece Hall, a Grade I listed building that hosts a variety of shops, boutiques, and eateries. If you’re a fan of literature, the nearby village of Haworth is a must-visit. It’s famously associated with the Brontë sisters and you can explore the Brontë Parsonage Museum and the surrounding moorland that inspired their novels. Alternatively, you could head to the city of Leeds, which boasts a vibrant cultural scene with attractions like the Royal Armouries Museum and Leeds Art Gallery. For nature lovers, the Yorkshire Dales National Park is within easy reach, offering breathtaking landscapes and numerous walking trails.