Welcome to the charming village of Hook, nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, England. This quaint locale offers a unique blend of rich history, picturesque landscapes, and warm hospitality. Whether you’re a history buff, nature enthusiast, or simply looking for a peaceful retreat, Hook provides a tranquil escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. Its close proximity to major cities like Hull and York also makes it an ideal base for exploring the wider region. Come and discover the hidden gem that is Hook, East Yorkshire.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Hook
- Hook is a village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- It is situated approximately 1.5 miles (2.4 km) north-east of Goole town centre.
- The village is surrounded by rich agricultural land and has a history of farming.
- According to the 2011 UK census, Hook had a population of 1,141.
- The village is served by Hook Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School.
- Hook has a village hall, a post office, and a small number of local businesses.
- The village is known for its community spirit, with several events held throughout the year.
- Hook is located near the River Ouse, providing opportunities for boating and fishing.
- The village has a local cricket club, Hook Cricket Club, which plays in the York & District Senior Cricket League.
- Hook is also home to a number of historic buildings, including the Grade II listed St. Mary’s Church.
Hook on the map
Frequently Asked Questions about Hook, East Yorkshire
Where is Hook located in East Yorkshire?
Hook is a village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 1.5 miles (2.4 km) north-east of Goole town centre.
What are some notable attractions in Hook, East Yorkshire?
Hook is known for its beautiful countryside, historic church, and the nearby River Ouse. It’s a great place for walking, cycling, and enjoying the peaceful rural setting.
What are the transportation options in Hook, East Yorkshire?
Hook is well-connected by road, with the M62 motorway nearby. There are also regular bus services to Goole and other surrounding towns. The nearest railway station is in Goole.
After exploring the charming village of Hook in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. The historic city of York, with its stunning cathedral, the York Minster, and the Shambles, a well-preserved medieval street, is a must-visit. Beverley, another historic market town, is known for its minster and racecourse. Hull, the 2017 UK City of Culture, offers a vibrant arts scene, maritime history, and the impressive aquarium, The Deep. Nature lovers should head to the Yorkshire Wolds for beautiful rolling hills and picturesque landscapes. For a seaside experience, the coastal towns of Bridlington, Scarborough, and Whitby offer sandy beaches, fresh seafood, and stunning cliff-top views.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.