Nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, England, Hutton is a charming and picturesque village that offers a unique blend of history, culture, and natural beauty. This quaint destination is perfect for tourists seeking a tranquil escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. With its rich heritage, stunning landscapes, and friendly locals, Hutton provides an authentic English countryside experience that will leave you with unforgettable memories. Whether you’re a history buff, nature lover, or simply looking for a peaceful retreat, Hutton, East Yorkshire is a must-visit destination.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Hutton
- Hutton is a small village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- The village is situated approximately 3 miles north-west from the market town of Driffield.
- It is part of the civil parish of Hutton Cranswick.
- The village is surrounded by open farmland and beautiful countryside.
- According to the 2011 Census, the population of Hutton was less than 100 people.
- The village is known for its peaceful and quiet environment.
- It is primarily a residential area with a mix of old and new houses.
- The village has a church named St Peter’s Church, which is a Grade II listed building.
- Public transport is limited in Hutton, with the nearest railway station located in Driffield.
- Despite its small size, Hutton has a strong sense of community with various local events held throughout the year.
Hutton on the map
FAQs about Hutton, East Yorkshire
Where is Hutton, East Yorkshire located?
Hutton is a small village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 2 miles north-west from the market town of Driffield.
What are some notable attractions in Hutton, East Yorkshire?
Hutton is known for its peaceful rural setting. Nearby attractions include the Driffield Canal, Hutton Cranswick, and the historic city of York which is a short drive away.
What is the population of Hutton, East Yorkshire?
The population of Hutton, East Yorkshire is quite small, with the last census recording less than 500 residents. It’s a quiet, rural community.
After exploring Hutton, East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. Head to the historic city of York, known for its stunning York Minster, ancient city walls, and the Shambles, a medieval shopping street. Nature lovers should not miss the Yorkshire Wolds, a series of rolling hills and charming valleys perfect for hiking and cycling. Beverley, a quaint market town, is home to the awe-inspiring Beverley Minster and a thriving music scene. Hull, the 2017 UK City of Culture, offers a plethora of museums, galleries, and the impressive aquarium, The Deep. Lastly, the coastal towns of Bridlington, Scarborough, and Whitby offer beautiful beaches, fresh seafood, and the hauntingly beautiful Whitby Abbey.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.