Yorkshire's museums are great fun! We're lucky to have many of the best examples in the country including six National museums, and a range of other unique and award-winning collections covering a whole host of eras and topics. You can take a trip through Viking village life to Victorian industry or even venture into a nuclear bunker!
So what are you waiting for? Visit Yorkshire's magnificent museums and learn something new today.
Yorkshire's National Museums
- The National Science and Media Museum, Bradford - Get hands on with over 20 mind-bending exhibits in Wonderlab, visit IMAX, the world's most powerful giant screen experience, take a journey through popular photography, explore the world of animation and get gaming in the Games Lounge.
- The National Railway Museum, York - Offering three giant halls packed full of incredible trains and interactive fun, this award-winning museum also has an exciting rolling programme of exhibitions running throughout the year.
- The National Coal Mining Museum for England, Wakefield - Located at Caphouse Colliery near Wakefield. Don't miss the chance to don a hardhat and head underground to experience life as a miner.
- Eureka! The National Children's Museum, Halifax - A perfect attraction for the kids as it opens up a world of hands on exploration and discovery. Over 400 exhibits provide plenty of opportunity to learn and play all day long!
- Royal Armouries, Leeds - An award-winning museum displaying thousands of artefacts of arms and armour, showcasing live tournaments and even horse shows! For accommodation nearby, checkout Novotel Leeds.
- National Emergency Services Museum, Sheffield uses lights, sound and smoke to bring history back to life! See what it's like to stand next to a Road Traffic Incident and see how the services work together to rescue people!