Gear up for some wild life in the Yorkshire countryside, where you’ll find fast and furious motor sport is thriving amid the natural beauty. The British Automobile Racing Club’s Yorkshire Centre at Harewood, on the edge of the Wharfe Valley, runs ten high speed hill climbs each year between April and September at the north’s premier hill climb venue. Harewood also hosts two weekends of the British Hillclimb Championship in May and July, and a special competition for Classic and Historic cars in June.
Table of Contents
Yorkshire Motorsport Festival – 25 – 27 June 2021
The Yorkshire Motorsport Festival has evolved both from the organisers’ extraordinary passion for all things vehicle-related and their frustration at the lack of large-scale motorsports events in the North of England. Truly unmissable, this is simply the most spectacular day out in the North!
The thrill of the race at Hull Karting! If you have always wanted to experience the thrill of real motor racing or just want to try something different, come to Hull Karting and have the time of your life. Not only are they one of the largest circuits in the country, but they’re the only National Karting Association approved karting centre in Hull and the East Riding.
Harewood speed Hillclimb is a motor racing venue situated North of Leeds, just outside the village of Harewood. It is the longest speed hillclimb course in mainland UK, hosting 12 events each year including 2 rounds of the prestigious MSA British Hillclimb Championship.
Stock Car racing
For those who like a little more contact in their car racing, Yorkshire’s stock car racing season runs from May to December.
The sight, sound and even the smell of top quality speedway bikes in competitive action are unmistakable and the sport attracts an army of ardent fans. The season runs from March-October season, and Yorkshire has two teams competing in the sport’s second tier Premier League for the privilege of joining the Elite.
Croft Circuit is a motor racing circuit located near Dalton-on-Tees in North Yorkshire. The circuit holds meetings of the British Touring Car Championship, British Superbike and Pickup Truck Racing race series. There’s nothing quite like driving your own car on an International Racing Circuit. Getting to grips with the tough technical corners, putting your foot down and getting the most out of your car . . . legally! You can do this at one of Croft Circuit’s Track Days – so what are you waiting for?
Off Road Thrills
For thrill seekers in search of challenging off-road terrain, try these adventurous experiences:
- Camp Hill, Kirklington, Near Bedale, North Yorkshire – Visit Camp Hill for an experience to remember – try your hand at Quad Biking or Off Road Segways, among other exciting activities. All set in 300 acres of pure fun.
- Live For Today, Harrogate, North Yorkshire – Not only have Live For Today got the best buggies and the most experienced and fun instructors, but they also have a fun filled exciting off-road course, filled with fast straights and mud filled drifting corners!
- Moto Mania Trax Ltd, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire – Offering adult and junior quad biking experiences at three tracks based around York and Harrogate and are able to offer a wide variety of other outdoor pursuits including paint balling, shooting, climbing wall and archery.
- North of England Activity Centre, Rufforth, York – Lots of different activities to take part in here, including an exciting off-road driving course with steep gradients, water gullies and mud swamps, designed to test both novice and experience drivers alike.
- Yorkshire Outdoors, Felixkirk, Thirsk, North Yorkshire – From 4×4 off road driving days to bouncing over extreme terrain on a quad bike or trying an off road segway, there’s a whole range of white-knuckle experiences to try. Experience the full thrill of driving an adventure buggy. Enjoy driving over hills and woodland trails, or get down and dirty racing along muddy tracks.
- ukLANDROVERevents @ North Yorkshire Off Road Centre, Robin Hood’s Bay – Land Rover 4×4 Driving Experiences at one of the toughest off road test tracks in the country, perched high on the cliff tops with coastal views of Robin Hood’s Bay and Ravenscar. Both novice and experienced off road drivers will enjoy a challenge here, and even junior drivers aged 10+ can join the fun, with a fully qualified and experienced instructor alongside you at all times. There’s also the opportunity for a full day tour of North Yorkshire both on and off road in our Land Rover, with a lunchtime stop at a remote moorland inn.