A simple recipe for Jerusalem artichoke chaat
- 200g Jerusalem artichoke, skin on and washed
- 10g lemon juice
- Oil to fry
- 2g chilli powder
- 2g chat masala
- 10g sev
- 10g mint chutney
- 10g Tamarind chutney
- 20g fresh pomegranate seeds
- 50g thick yoghurt
- 10g onion, finely chopped
- 3g coriander, finely chopped
- 3g green chilli, finely chopped
- 2g micro coriander cress
- Slice Jerusalem artichoke into thin slices using Mandolin, keep in water mixed with lemon juice. Heat oil to fry and maintain the temperature at 170°C.
- Drain and fry artichoke till its crispy. Drain to a paper towel. Toss with chilli powder and salt, keep aside.
- Beat yoghurt and add a pinch of sugar if it's sour.
- In a bowl toss Jerusalem artichoke, (keep few pieces separate for garnish) with chopped onion, green chilli, coriander and chaat masala.
- Place the tossed mixture in two serving bowls, cover with yoghurt, line on top with mint and tamarind chutney, sprinkle pomegranate seeds.
- Place artichoke chips and sev crisp on top. Garnish with coriander cress, sprinkle chaat masala.
Fine Dining Indian: Easy To Cook Restaurant Recipes At Home by Bobby Geetha is self-published, £19.00, available on amazon.
Instagram - chefbobbygeetha
Youtube - Bobbygeetha