Make the most of your honeymoon in Yorkshire with a selection of romantic activities below.
- A night at the theatre - Home to the Northern Ballet Theatre and Opera North, Yorkshire has to be the northern capital of world-class performing arts. With leading regional theatres, arts organisations, ballet, opera, contemporary dance acts and award-winning productions, make your choice, sit back and enjoy one of Yorkshire's legendary shows. Click here to search for theatres.
- Romantic picnic sites - The ingredients for a perfect picnic are a blanket, a basket full of top quality local produce and the great Yorkshire outdoors. Here are just a few spots for a perfect outdoor feast. Spread your picnic blanket just where the Brontes once did at Bronte Falls. At Spurn Point you can eat on the sand with the sea almost all around you. Climb the 199 steps up to Whitby Abbey, a perfect place for a picnic. Danes Dyke is a secluded little beach just south of Flamborough Head. Aysgarth Falls in Wensleydale is a favourite picnic spot where you'll be rewarded with a crashing, hissing white water spectacle whilst you eat your sandwiches.
- Stroll hand in hand on the beach - The Yorkshire coastline encompasses some of the UK's most rugged and charming countryside, from tiny fishing villages clinging to rocky cliffs to glorious stretches of white sand and bustling seaside resorts, with everything from windswept abbeys to the county's best fish and chips. Nothing if not diverse, expect Blue Flag beaches, chilly feet if you brave the sea and a chance to lose yourself in this naturally beautiful destination with your loved one.
- Boating - Yorkshire has more than 100 miles of coastline, dozens of rivers and reservoirs and an ancient canal network. Gently stroll along miles of tranquil towpaths, stopping off in towns and villages along the way, or cruise along at the helm of your very own narrowboat. Shire Cruisers, Silsden Boat Holidays and Lady Teal are just a few operators to choose from. Search for more boating holidays here.
- Cosy up at a drive in movie - Snuggle up with your loved one and relax whilst watching a favourite movie beneath the stars. Check out the regular screenings in York or Harewood House.
- Lose yourself in a maze - Back in the heyday of English maze design, three or four hundred years ago, mazes were places for flirtation and secret lovers trysts! Head to the award winning York Maze or the new Copleys Corn Maze but be quick as these are both seasonal attractions open in the summer months only.
- Luxury dining aboard a steam train - Dine in style in Bronte Country aboard the distinguished surroundings of a luxury dining train. All of these services are steam hauled and will feature Keighley & Worth Valley Railway's prestigious dining cars. Step back in time and enjoy the highest standard of food and service during various themed events throughout the year. There's also the North Yorkshire Moors Railway who offer a magical setting for special occasions, with period carriages, splendid seating and lavish decoration. Serving hearty meals prepared by their on-board chef, sit back and relax, it's time for a taste of indulgence in an elegant setting.
- Dine with the sharks - For an truly different romantic experience, why not dine with the sharks at The Deep in Hull? Reserve a spot at the Two Rivers Restaurant where diners are treated to a Mediterranean menu with a Yorkshire twist whilst being surrounded by some of Europe's best aquatic displays. Sharks, rays and turtles are just some of the fantastic species that may swim by you whilst enjoying your meal.
- Rustic and cosy reatreat in a Yorkshire Yurt - At Yorkshire Yurts their concept is simple. Beautiful yurts with comfortable facilities in stunning landscapes. Their handcrafted yurts all have steam bent ash beams and a unique round top solid oak door. The chic interiors are both rustic and cosy. Furnished with a double bed and both a double and single futon means the yurts are ideal for newly-weds on a romantic getaway.
Search for more activities here.