Welcome to Kelleythorpe, a charming hamlet nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, England. This quaint locale offers a unique blend of rural tranquility and rich history, making it an ideal destination for those seeking a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life. With its picturesque landscapes, historic landmarks, and close proximity to the vibrant market town of Driffield, Kelleythorpe promises a truly authentic Yorkshire experience that will captivate tourists of all ages.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Kelleythorpe
- Kelleythorpe is a hamlet in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- It is located approximately 2 miles west of Driffield town centre.
- The hamlet falls within the civil parish of Driffield.
- Kelleythorpe is part of the UK Parliamentary Constituency of East Yorkshire.
- The hamlet is surrounded by open fields and farmland, typical of the East Yorkshire landscape.
- It is a small community with a population of less than 100 people.
- Kelleythorpe is home to the Driffield Showground, which hosts the largest one-day agricultural show in the UK.
- The hamlet is also home to the Kelleythorpe Industrial Estate, which houses a variety of businesses.
- Despite its small size, Kelleythorpe has good transport links, being close to the A614 road.
- The nearest railway station to Kelleythorpe is Driffield, which is on the Yorkshire Coast Line.
Kelleythorpe on the map
FAQs about Kelleythorpe, East Yorkshire
Where is Kelleythorpe located in East Yorkshire?
Kelleythorpe is a small hamlet located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 2 miles north-west from the market town of Driffield.
What are some notable attractions in Kelleythorpe, East Yorkshire?
Kelleythorpe is a quiet and peaceful hamlet, perfect for those who enjoy countryside walks. Nearby Driffield offers a variety of attractions including Driffield Canal, All Saints’ Church, and the Driffield Showground.
What are the transportation options in Kelleythorpe, East Yorkshire?
The nearest railway station to Kelleythorpe is Driffield, which provides connections to larger cities such as Hull and Scarborough. There are also local bus services that connect Kelleythorpe with surrounding villages and towns.
After exploring Kelleythorpe in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. The historic market town of Driffield, known as the ‘Capital of the Wolds’, is just a short drive away and offers a variety of shops, eateries, and a weekly market. Nature lovers should head to the Humber Bridge Country Park, a 48-acre woodland area with walking trails and picnic spots. History enthusiasts can visit the Burton Agnes Hall, a stunning Elizabethan manor house with beautiful gardens. For those interested in aviation, the Air Museum in Elvington is a must-visit. Finally, the city of Hull, with its rich maritime history and vibrant cultural scene, is also within easy reach.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.