Nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, Kirk Ella is a charming and picturesque village that offers a unique blend of history, culture, and natural beauty. This quaint destination is perfect for tourists seeking a tranquil escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. With its stunning landscapes, historic landmarks, and friendly locals, Kirk Ella provides an authentic English countryside experience that will leave you with unforgettable memories. Whether you’re a history buff, nature lover, or simply looking for a peaceful retreat, Kirk Ella is a must-visit destination in East Yorkshire.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Kirk Ella
- Kirk Ella is a village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- The village is situated approximately 5 miles to the west of the city centre of Kingston upon Hull.
- Kirk Ella is part of the Hull West and Hessle parliamentary constituency.
- According to the 2011 UK census, Kirk Ella parish had a population of 5,638.
- The village is known for its high-quality housing and high-income residents.
- Kirk Ella has a number of local amenities including a post office, a supermarket, and several pubs.
- The village has a primary school, Kirk Ella St Andrew’s Primary School, and a secondary school, Wolfreton School.
- The parish church of St Andrew’s dates back to the 13th century and is a Grade II listed building.
- Kirk Ella is home to Hull Golf Club, one of the oldest golf clubs in Yorkshire.
- The village is surrounded by open countryside, providing opportunities for walking and cycling.
Kirk Ella on the map
Frequently Asked Questions about Kirk Ella, East Yorkshire
Where is Kirk Ella located?
Kirk Ella is a village and civil parish located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
What are some notable attractions in Kirk Ella, East Yorkshire?
Kirk Ella is known for its beautiful countryside, historic buildings, and St. Andrew’s Church, a Grade II listed building.
What are the transportation options in Kirk Ella, East Yorkshire?
Kirk Ella is well-connected by road networks. The nearest railway station is in Cottingham, about 3 miles away. There are also local bus services that connect Kirk Ella to nearby towns and cities.
After exploring the charming village of Kirk Ella in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. Head to the bustling city of Hull, just a short drive away, where you can explore the historic Old Town, visit the impressive Hull Maritime Museum, and enjoy a day out at The Deep, one of the UK’s largest aquariums. Alternatively, take a trip to the picturesque market town of Beverley, known for its stunning Minster and historic racecourse. Nature lovers should not miss a visit to the Humber Bridge Country Park, offering beautiful woodland walks and stunning views of the iconic Humber Bridge. Finally, the coastal towns of Bridlington and Scarborough are within easy reach, offering sandy beaches, traditional seaside entertainment, and delicious seafood.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.