Nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, Langtoft is a charming and picturesque village that offers a unique blend of tranquility and history. This quaint destination is perfect for tourists seeking a peaceful retreat away from the hustle and bustle of city life. With its stunning landscapes, historic landmarks, and friendly locals, Langtoft provides an authentic taste of rural England. Whether you’re a history buff, nature lover, or simply looking for a serene getaway, Langtoft promises a memorable and enriching experience.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Langtoft
- Langtoft is a village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- The village is situated approximately 6 miles north-west of the market town of Driffield.
- According to the 2011 UK census, Langtoft parish had a population of 308.
- The village is mentioned in the Domesday Book as ‘Langetoft’.
- Langtoft has a parish church dedicated to St Peter, which is a Grade II listed building.
- The village has a war memorial which commemorates the men of the village who died in the First and Second World Wars.
- Langtoft is part of the electoral ward called Driffield and Rural.
- The village is surrounded by open countryside and farmland, typical of the Yorkshire Wolds.
- Langtoft has a village hall which is used for community events and activities.
- The village is served by a local bus service that connects it with Driffield and other nearby towns and villages.
Langtoft on the map
FAQs about Langtoft, East Yorkshire
Where is Langtoft located in East Yorkshire?
Langtoft is a village in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 6 miles (10 km) north-west of the market town of Driffield.
What are some notable attractions in Langtoft, East Yorkshire?
Langtoft is known for its beautiful countryside views, historic church of St Peter, and close proximity to the Yorkshire Wolds, a range of hills perfect for walking and cycling.
What are the transportation options in Langtoft, East Yorkshire?
Langtoft is accessible by car and public transportation. The nearest railway station is in Driffield, and there are regular bus services connecting Langtoft with surrounding towns and villages.
After exploring the charming village of Langtoft in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. The historic market town of Driffield, known as the ‘Capital of the Wolds’, is just a short drive away and offers a variety of shops, eateries, and a weekly market. Nature lovers should head to the stunning Yorkshire Wolds, a series of rolling hills and valleys, perfect for walking and cycling. For a taste of seaside charm, the coastal town of Bridlington is nearby, offering beautiful beaches and a bustling harbour. History enthusiasts will enjoy a visit to the medieval Burton Agnes Hall, a stunning Elizabethan manor house with beautiful gardens.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.