Welcome to Laxton, a charming village nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, England. This quaint locale is steeped in history and surrounded by the stunning landscapes of the Yorkshire countryside. Laxton offers a unique blend of tranquility and adventure, with its historic landmarks, scenic walking trails, and warm, welcoming community. Whether you’re a history buff, nature lover, or simply seeking a peaceful getaway, Laxton promises an unforgettable experience.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Laxton
- Laxton is a small village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- The village is situated approximately 2 miles north-west from the market town of Howden.
- Laxton is part of the civil parish of Laxton and Skelton.
- The village is recorded in the Domesday Book as “Laxinton” and “Laxintone”.
- Historically, Laxton was part of the Harthill Wapentake, a division of the historic county of Yorkshire.
- The village has a small population, with less than 200 residents as of the last census.
- Laxton has a church dedicated to St Peter, which is a Grade II listed building.
- The village is surrounded by farmland, reflecting its agricultural heritage.
- There are several listed buildings in Laxton, including Laxton Hall and several farmhouses.
- Laxton is served by a community minibus service that connects it with larger towns in the area.
Laxton on the map
FAQs about Laxton, East Yorkshire
Where is Laxton located in East Yorkshire?
Laxton is a small village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is approximately 20 miles north-west of Hull.
What is Laxton, East Yorkshire known for?
Laxton is known for its peaceful rural setting and its historical significance. It’s a perfect place for those who enjoy countryside walks and exploring historical sites.
Are there any notable landmarks or attractions in Laxton, East Yorkshire?
Yes, Laxton is home to several historical landmarks including the St Peter’s Church, a Grade II listed building. The surrounding countryside also offers beautiful landscapes and walking trails.
After exploring the charming village of Laxton in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. The historic town of Howden, known for its stunning Minster and beautiful Georgian architecture, is just a short drive away. Nature lovers should head to the North Cave Wetlands nature reserve, a haven for birdwatchers. The bustling city of Hull, with its award-winning aquarium, The Deep, and numerous museums and galleries, offers a more urban experience. For a seaside escape, the coastal town of Bridlington is not far away, boasting beautiful beaches and a picturesque harbour. Lastly, the Yorkshire Wolds, a range of low rolling hills, offer stunning landscapes and numerous walking trails.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.