Nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, England, Lelley is a charming rural village that offers a tranquil escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. This quaint locale is steeped in history and surrounded by picturesque landscapes, making it an ideal destination for those seeking a serene getaway. Whether you’re a history enthusiast, nature lover, or simply looking for a peaceful retreat, Lelley promises a unique and memorable experience.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Lelley
- Lelley is a small village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- The village is part of the civil parish of Preston.
- It is situated approximately 9 miles to the east of the city of Hull.
- Lelley is in the parliamentary constituency of Beverley and Holderness.
- The village is surrounded by farmland and open fields, reflecting its agricultural heritage.
- It is a rural community with a population of less than 500 people.
- The village has a local pub called The Stag Inn, which is a popular spot for locals and visitors.
- Lelley is also home to a village hall, which is used for community events and gatherings.
- The village is served by a local bus service, providing connections to nearby towns and villages.
- Despite its small size, Lelley has a rich history with several listed buildings, including a 19th-century Wesleyan chapel.
Lelley on the map
FAQs about Lelley, East Yorkshire
Where is Lelley located in East Yorkshire?
Lelley is a small village located in the Holderness area of East Yorkshire, England.
What are some notable attractions in Lelley, East Yorkshire?
Being a small village, Lelley is known for its peaceful rural setting. However, it is close to larger towns and cities in East Yorkshire that offer a variety of attractions.
What is the population of Lelley, East Yorkshire?
Lelley is a small village, so the population is quite small and varies. For the most accurate information, it’s recommended to check the latest census data.
After exploring the quaint village of Lelley in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. Head to the bustling city of Hull, known for its vibrant cultural scene, historic old town, and the impressive Humber Bridge. Don’t miss the Deep, one of the UK’s most spectacular aquariums. Alternatively, visit the charming market town of Beverley, famous for its stunning Minster and historic racecourse. Nature lovers should explore the Yorkshire Wolds, a series of rolling hills and charming villages, perfect for hiking and cycling. For a seaside experience, the coastal towns of Bridlington, Hornsea, and Withernsea offer beautiful beaches and fresh seafood.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.