Welcome to Linthwaite, a charming village located in West Yorkshire. Known for its picturesque landscapes and rich history, Linthwaite offers a unique blend of rural tranquility and cultural heritage. The village is surrounded by rolling hills and lush greenery, providing a serene backdrop for visitors. Its location, just a few miles from Huddersfield, makes it an ideal destination for those seeking a peaceful retreat while still being within easy reach of urban amenities. With its welcoming community, historic landmarks, and beautiful scenery, Linthwaite is a must-visit destination in West Yorkshire.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Linthwaite, West Yorkshire
- Linthwaite is a village in West Yorkshire, England.
- It is located approximately 4 miles west of Huddersfield.
- The village is part of the Colne Valley and is situated between the villages of Slaithwaite and Cowlersley.
- Linthwaite is part of the Metropolitan Borough of Kirklees.
- The village is known for its beautiful rural scenery, including the Blackmoorfoot Reservoir.
- Linthwaite has a population of around 3,835 people, according to the 2011 Census.
- The village is home to several listed buildings, including the Grade II listed Linthwaite Hall.
- Linthwaite has a number of local amenities including shops, pubs, and schools.
- The village is served by a number of bus routes, providing connections to Huddersfield and other nearby towns.
- Linthwaite is also home to the Titanic Spa, the UK’s first eco-spa and one of the country’s leading destination spas.
Linthwaite on the map
FAQs About Linthwaite
Where is Linthwaite located?
Linthwaite is located in West Yorkshire, England. It’s a village within the Metropolitan Borough of Kirklees.
What is Linthwaite known for?
Linthwaite is known for its rich industrial history, particularly in the textile industry. It’s also known for its beautiful countryside views and the Blackmoorfoot Reservoir.
What amenities are available in Linthwaite?
Linthwaite offers a variety of amenities including local shops, pubs, restaurants, and schools. It also has several walking trails for those who enjoy outdoor activities.
Where Next after Linthwaite?
Having visited the charming village of Linthwaite in West Yorkshire, you might be wondering where to head next. A short drive away is the bustling town of Huddersfield, known for its Victorian architecture and rich history. Here, you can explore the Huddersfield Art Gallery or take a stroll along the Huddersfield Narrow Canal. If you’re a fan of literature, the nearby village of Haworth is a must-visit. It’s the hometown of the famous Bronte sisters and houses the Bronte Parsonage Museum. For nature lovers, the Yorkshire Dales National Park is not too far away, offering stunning landscapes and numerous walking trails. And don’t forget to visit the historic city of York, with its magnificent Minster, medieval walls, and the fascinating Jorvik Viking Centre. All these locations offer a taste of the diverse experiences Yorkshire has to offer.