Nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, Little Weighton is a charming English village that offers a tranquil retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life. This quaint destination is steeped in history and surrounded by the stunning countryside, making it an ideal spot for tourists seeking a peaceful getaway. From its picturesque landscapes, historic landmarks, to friendly locals, Little Weighton promises a unique and memorable experience for all who visit.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Little Weighton
- Little Weighton is a small village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- The village is situated approximately 5 miles south-west from the town of Beverley.
- Little Weighton is part of the civil parish of Rowley.
- The village has a population of around 1,000 people.
- Little Weighton has a village shop, a post office, and a primary school.
- The village is home to the historic St Peter’s Church, which dates back to the 12th century.
- Little Weighton was once served by the Hull and Barnsley Railway, but the station closed in 1955.
- The village has a local pub, The Black Horse, which is a popular spot for locals and visitors.
- Little Weighton is surrounded by beautiful countryside, making it a popular place for walking and cycling.
- The village hosts an annual scarecrow festival, which is a popular event in the local community.
Little Weighton on the map
Frequently Asked Questions about Little Weighton, East Yorkshire
Where is Little Weighton located in East Yorkshire?
Little Weighton is a small village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is approximately 5 miles southwest of Beverley and 7 miles northwest of Kingston upon Hull.
What are some attractions in Little Weighton, East Yorkshire?
Little Weighton is known for its peaceful rural setting, historic buildings, and beautiful walking trails. The village also has a local pub and a village hall that hosts various community events.
How can I reach Little Weighton, East Yorkshire?
Little Weighton can be reached by car via the A1079 and B1230 roads. The nearest train station is in Cottingham, which is about 3 miles away. From there, you can take a taxi or a local bus to the village.
After exploring the charming village of Little Weighton in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. The historic market town of Beverley is just a short drive away, offering a stunning 13th-century minster, a lively market, and a well-preserved medieval gate. Nature lovers should head to the Humber Bridge Country Park, a 48-acre woodland park with trails offering stunning views of the iconic Humber Bridge. For those interested in aviation history, the Yorkshire Air Museum in Elvington is a must-visit. Finally, the bustling city of Hull, with its award-winning aquarium, The Deep, and fascinating museums, is also within easy reach.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.