Welcome to Lower Cumberworth, a charming village located in West Yorkshire. This quaint locale is a perfect blend of rural tranquility and historical charm, offering visitors a unique experience of the English countryside. With its picturesque landscapes, traditional stone-built houses, and friendly locals, Lower Cumberworth is a delightful destination for those seeking a peaceful retreat. The village is also home to a number of local attractions, including beautiful walking trails, cosy pubs, and a historic church, making it an ideal spot for both relaxation and exploration. Discover the charm of Lower Cumberworth, where the beauty of West Yorkshire is at your fingertips.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Lower Cumberworth, West Yorkshire
- Lower Cumberworth is a small village located in West Yorkshire, England.
- It is situated approximately 7 miles southeast of Huddersfield.
- The village is part of the civil parish of Denby Dale.
- Lower Cumberworth is in the HD8 postcode district.
- It is surrounded by beautiful countryside, making it a popular place for walkers and nature lovers.
- The village has a local pub called The Foresters Arms.
- Lower Cumberworth also has a community centre which hosts various events and activities.
- The village is served by a local bus service, providing connections to nearby towns and cities.
- Lower Cumberworth has a small population, contributing to its peaceful and rural atmosphere.
- The village is part of the Kirklees Council local authority area.
Lower Cumberworth on the map
FAQs About Lower Cumberworth
Where is Lower Cumberworth located?
Lower Cumberworth is located in West Yorkshire, England.
What is Lower Cumberworth known for?
Lower Cumberworth is a small village known for its peaceful rural setting. It’s a great place for those who enjoy countryside walks and a quiet lifestyle.
What are the transportation options in Lower Cumberworth, West Yorkshire?
Lower Cumberworth, being a small village, is best navigated by car. However, there are also local bus services that connect it to nearby towns and cities.
Where Next after Lower Cumberworth?
Having visited the charming village of Lower Cumberworth in West Yorkshire, there are several key locations nearby that are worth exploring. You could head to the bustling town of Huddersfield, known for its rich industrial heritage and vibrant arts scene. The picturesque Holmfirth, famous as the setting for the long-running TV series “Last of the Summer Wine,” is also a short drive away. For nature lovers, the stunning landscapes of the Peak District are within easy reach. Alternatively, you could venture further afield in Yorkshire and visit the historic city of York, with its magnificent Minster, or the coastal town of Whitby, renowned for its atmospheric Abbey ruins and delicious seafood.