Nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, Meltonby is a charming, quintessentially English village that offers a tranquil retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life. This picturesque destination is steeped in history and surrounded by stunning landscapes, making it an ideal spot for tourists seeking a peaceful getaway. Whether you’re a history enthusiast, a nature lover, or simply someone looking for a serene vacation, Meltonby promises a unique and memorable experience.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Meltonby
- Meltonby is a small village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- The village is part of the civil parish of Pocklington.
- It is situated approximately 2 miles north-west from the market town of Pocklington.
- Meltonby is a rural area with a population that is less than 100 people.
- The village is surrounded by beautiful countryside, making it a peaceful and quiet place to live.
- There are no shops or pubs in the village, but there are amenities in nearby Pocklington.
- Meltonby is primarily a residential area with a mix of old and new houses.
- The village is known for its community spirit, with residents often coming together for events and activities.
- It is located near the A1079 road, providing easy access to the cities of York and Hull.
- The village is also close to the Yorkshire Wolds, a range of hills that are perfect for walking and cycling.
Meltonby on the map
Frequently Asked Questions about Meltonby, East Yorkshire
Where is Meltonby located in East Yorkshire?
Meltonby is a small village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is approximately 2 miles east of Pocklington.
What are some notable attractions in Meltonby, East Yorkshire?
Meltonby is a quiet and peaceful village, perfect for those who enjoy countryside walks. Nearby Pocklington offers attractions such as Burnby Hall Gardens and The Yorkshire Air Museum.
What are the transportation options in Meltonby, East Yorkshire?
The village is best accessed by car due to its rural location. However, there are also local bus services that connect Meltonby to nearby towns and cities.
After exploring the quaint village of Meltonby in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. The historic city of York, with its stunning Minster, ancient city walls, and the Jorvik Viking Centre, is a must-visit. The charming market town of Pocklington, known for its arts centre and Burnby Hall Gardens, is just a short drive away. Nature lovers should head to the Yorkshire Wolds for beautiful walks and stunning landscapes. For those interested in aviation history, the Yorkshire Air Museum in Elvington is a fascinating day out. Lastly, the stately home and gardens of Castle Howard, one of Britain’s finest historic houses, is also within easy reach.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.