Welcome to Molescroft, a charming parish nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, England. This quaint locale is a hidden gem, offering a serene escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. With its picturesque landscapes, historic landmarks, and close proximity to the vibrant market town of Beverley, Molescroft is an ideal destination for tourists seeking a unique blend of tranquility and cultural exploration. Whether you’re a history enthusiast, nature lover, or simply looking for a peaceful retreat, Molescroft promises an unforgettable experience.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Molescroft
- Molescroft is a civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- It is located just north of the market town of Beverley.
- The parish consists of the village of Molescroft and the Molescroft Grange estate.
- According to the 2011 UK census, Molescroft had a population of 7,168.
- The name ‘Molescroft’ is believed to have originated from the Old English words ‘mol’ and ‘croft’, meaning ‘mole’ and ‘small enclosed field’ respectively.
- Molescroft has its own Parish Council, which is responsible for the maintenance of public areas in the village.
- The village has a primary school, Molescroft Primary School, which is rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted.
- Molescroft Pavilion is a popular community hub, hosting a variety of events and activities for residents.
- The village is surrounded by beautiful countryside, offering plenty of opportunities for walking and cycling.
- Despite its rural setting, Molescroft has good transport links, with regular bus services to Beverley and Hull.
Molescroft on the map
Frequently Asked Questions about Molescroft, East Yorkshire
Where is Molescroft located in East Yorkshire?
Molescroft is a small village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 1 mile (1.6 km) north of the market town of Beverley.
What are some of the main attractions in Molescroft?
Molescroft is known for its peaceful environment, beautiful landscapes, and historical sites. It is also home to Molescroft Pavilion, a popular venue for community events and sports activities.
How can I reach Molescroft from the nearest major city?
The nearest major city to Molescroft is Hull, which is about 10 miles away. You can reach Molescroft by taking a train to Beverley and then a short taxi ride to the village. Alternatively, there are also bus services available from Hull to Beverley.
After exploring the charming village of Molescroft in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. The historic market town of Beverley is just a short drive away, offering a wealth of attractions including the stunning Beverley Minster, the 15th-century North Bar, and the bustling Beverley Market. Nature lovers should head to the Westwood Pasture for a peaceful walk or picnic. For a seaside experience, the coastal town of Bridlington is within easy reach, boasting beautiful beaches and the iconic Bridlington Spa. History enthusiasts can visit the Burton Agnes Hall, a magnificent Elizabethan manor house with a beautiful garden. Finally, the city of Hull, with its rich maritime history and vibrant cultural scene, is also a short drive away.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.