Welcome to Netherton, a charming village located just near Horbury Bridge in the Wakefield district of West Yorkshire. This quaint locale is known for its rich history, picturesque landscapes, and friendly community. With its traditional stone-built houses, lush green fields, and a tranquil atmosphere, Netherton offers a unique blend of rural charm and modern amenities. Whether you’re exploring the local shops, enjoying a leisurely walk along the scenic trails, or delving into the area’s history, Netherton promises a memorable experience for every visitor.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Netherton, Wakefield, West Yorkshire
- Netherton is a small village located in the city of Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England.
- It is part of the civil parish of Sitlington.
- The village is situated approximately 4 miles south-west of Wakefield city center.
- Netherton is surrounded by beautiful countryside and farmland, offering scenic views.
- The village has a strong community spirit with several local events held throughout the year.
- It has a local primary school, Netherton J & I School, which serves the educational needs of the village’s children.
- The village has a local pub, The Black Bull, which is a popular spot for locals and visitors.
- Netherton has a local cricket club, which is an integral part of the community.
- The village is well-connected to Wakefield and other nearby towns and cities by road and public transport.
- Despite its small size, Netherton offers a peaceful and friendly environment, making it a desirable place to live.
Netherton, Wakefield, on the map
FAQs About Netherton, Wakefield
Where is Netherton located?
Netherton is located in Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England.
What county is Netherton, Wakefield in?
Netherton, Wakefield is in the county of West Yorkshire.
Is Netherton a part of Wakefield?
Yes, Netherton is a part of the city of Wakefield in West Yorkshire, England.
Where Next after Netherton, Wakefield?
Having visited the charming village of Netherton in Wakefield, West Yorkshire, your next destination should be the vibrant city of Leeds. Just a short drive away, Leeds boasts a rich history and a plethora of attractions. Visit the Royal Armouries Museum, home to the national collection of arms and armour, or explore the stunning ruins of Kirkstall Abbey. For nature lovers, the Roundhay Park and Tropical World are must-see spots. Alternatively, you could head to the picturesque town of Harrogate, renowned for its historic Turkish Baths and the beautiful Harlow Carr Gardens. Don’t miss the chance to visit the iconic Yorkshire Dales National Park, a haven for walkers and wildlife enthusiasts alike. Yorkshire is brimming with diverse attractions, ensuring there’s something for everyone.