Welcome to Notton, a charming village located in West Yorkshire. This quaint locale is known for its peaceful atmosphere and picturesque landscapes, making it an ideal destination for those seeking a tranquil getaway. Notton is steeped in history, with its roots dating back to the Domesday Book. The village is surrounded by lush green fields and offers a variety of outdoor activities for nature lovers. From its historic church to its welcoming local pub, Notton provides a unique blend of rural charm and community spirit.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Notton, West Yorkshire
- Notton is a small village located in the county of West Yorkshire, England.
- The village is part of the civil parish of Notton and Royston.
- It is situated approximately 6 miles to the south-east of the city of Wakefield.
- Notton is known for its rural setting, with a large number of farms and open fields.
- The village has a population of around 400 people.
- Notton has a village hall which is used for a variety of community events and activities.
- The village is home to Notton Cricket Club, which plays in the Pontefract & District Cricket League.
- Notton is served by a local bus service, providing connections to nearby towns and cities.
- The village has a local pub, The Star, which is a popular spot for locals and visitors alike.
- Notton is also home to Notton Wood, a local nature reserve that is popular for walking and wildlife spotting.
Notton on the map
FAQs About Notton
Where is Notton located?
Notton is located in West Yorkshire, a county in the northern part of England.
What is Notton, West Yorkshire known for?
Notton is a small, peaceful village known for its beautiful countryside views and historic charm. It’s a great place for those who enjoy outdoor activities and tranquility.
What are the transportation options in Notton, West Yorkshire?
Notton is accessible by car and public transportation. The nearest train station is in Wakefield, which is about 5 miles away. There are also local bus services that connect Notton to other towns and cities in West Yorkshire.
Where Next after Notton?
Having visited the charming village of Notton in West Yorkshire, you might be wondering where to head next. A short drive away is the vibrant city of Leeds, known for its rich industrial heritage and bustling shopping districts. You could also explore the historic town of Wakefield, home to the stunning Wakefield Cathedral and the Hepworth Wakefield art gallery. If you’re a nature lover, the Yorkshire Dales National Park is a must-visit, offering breathtaking landscapes and numerous hiking trails. Alternatively, you could head to the coastal town of Scarborough for a relaxing day at the beach. Don’t forget to visit the medieval city of York, where you can walk along the ancient city walls and visit the iconic York Minster. All these locations offer a unique taste of what Yorkshire has to offer.