Nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, Old Ellerby is a charming, picturesque village that offers a unique blend of history, culture, and natural beauty. This quaint destination is a perfect escape for those seeking tranquility away from the hustle and bustle of city life. With its rich heritage, stunning landscapes, and friendly locals, Old Ellerby promises an unforgettable experience for tourists seeking a taste of authentic English countryside living.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Old Ellerby
- Old Ellerby is a small village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- The village is situated approximately 7 miles to the east of the city of Hull.
- It is part of the civil parish of Ellerby.
- Old Ellerby is in the HU11 postcode district.
- The village is located near the North Sea coast.
- It is a rural area with a population that is relatively small.
- Old Ellerby is surrounded by farmland and open fields, reflecting its agricultural heritage.
- The village has a local church, St. Mary’s Church, which is a significant historical landmark.
- Old Ellerby is close to the larger village of Skirlaugh, which offers additional amenities.
- The village is also near the Burton Constable Hall, a large Elizabethan country house with a park and gardens, which is a popular tourist attraction.
Old Ellerby on the map
Frequently Asked Questions about Old Ellerby, East Yorkshire
Where is Old Ellerby located in East Yorkshire?
Old Ellerby is a small village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 7 miles to the east of the city of Hull.
What are some notable attractions in Old Ellerby, East Yorkshire?
Old Ellerby is a quaint and peaceful village, perfect for those who enjoy countryside walks and nature. Nearby attractions include the city of Hull, the Humber Bridge, and the East Yorkshire coastline.
What is the population of Old Ellerby, East Yorkshire?
The population of Old Ellerby is quite small, with less than 500 residents. This contributes to its quiet, rural charm.
After exploring the quaint village of Old Ellerby in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. The bustling city of Hull, known for its vibrant cultural scene, is just a short drive away. Here, you can visit the Deep, one of the UK’s largest aquariums, or explore the historic Hull Maritime Museum. For nature lovers, the stunning Flamborough Head is a must-visit, with its dramatic cliffs, beautiful beaches, and abundant wildlife. Alternatively, you could head to the charming market town of Beverley, famous for its awe-inspiring Minster and historic racecourse. Lastly, the picturesque Yorkshire Wolds, a series of rolling hills and tranquil valleys, offer plenty of opportunities for walking and cycling.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.