Welcome to Wetherby
Wetherby is the perfect destination from which to discover the sights and delights of Leeds, York and Harrogate. But before you hit the road, why not explore this fascinating market town.A Historical Trail conducts visitors around the town centre and gives a fascinating insight into Wetherby's past. Leaflets on the Trail are available in shops and the Library. Historic buildings are marked by blue plaques along the Trail.
Visitors will find good riverside walks and picnic areas and a free car park by the riverside Bandstand. The town centre is full of interesting small shops selling a wide variety of goods. There are many tea/coffee shops and good restaurants. A plethora of good foodie shops abound - independent butchers, greengrocers and delicatessens. Wetherby even has its very own restored cinema, showing the latest films. Sandringham Park has a picnic and children's play areas, and has been awarded the prestigious Green Flag Award, giving it national recognition.
Things to see -
- Come in Spring and Summer to see the floral displays, which are truly magnificent . More information available here.
- In winter, Wetherby lights up for Christmas! The Christmas illuminations are one of the best to be seen in any market town.
- Find out more about Wetherby here.
Where trees can talk
If you love soaking up the history in old country houses and mansions, Bramham Park and Stockeld Park are yours to discover for the day. And if you believe in fairies, trolls and trees that talk, you'll be in your element in the Enchanted Forest. With different activities and events for different seasons.
From racecourses to retail therapy
Whether you fancy whiling away the hours by the river or geeing up for a day at the races, Wetherby has an attraction for every pace of life.
- Pack a picnic and meander alongside the beautiful River Wharfe
- Enjoy the thrill of the chase at Wetherby Racecourse
- Indulge in a spot of retail therapy at the Horsefair Centre