A beacon of light!
The Redcar Beacon has opened to the public on (28 March 2013) offering visitors the chance to enjoy 360 degree views of Redcar seafront.
Admission to the 80ft Beacon is FREE. The building is open from 9.00 am to 7.00 pm, seven days a week closed Christmas and New Year's Day.
Redcar Beacon facts:
- The Beacon is 80ft high and has seven floors
- There are 132 steps (and a lift!)
- The Beacon took 12 months to build
- It includes a two-storey café with open terraces offering 360 degree views
- There are four floors of business space
- A sky lounge for meetings and events
- The top floor is an open roof terrace offering fantastic views all year round
- Eco features include an energy efficient heat recovery system and solar reflective glazing
- The Beacon will be included in a LED lights installation which runs the full length of the seafront to the bandstand
- The project is part funded by the Council, One North East and the European Regional Development Fund 2007-2013.