A beacon of light!
The Redcar Beacon has opened to the public on (28 March 2013) offering visitors the chance to enjoy 360 degree views of Redcar seafront.
Admission to the 80ft Beacon is FREE. The building is open from 9.00 am to 7.00 pm, seven days a week closed Christmas and New Year's Day.
Redcar Beacon facts:
- The Beacon is 80ft high and has seven floors
- There are 132 steps (and a lift!)
- The Beacon took 12 months to build
- It includes a two-storey café with open terraces offering 360 degree views
- There are four floors of business space
- A sky lounge for meetings and events
- The top floor is an open roof terrace offering fantastic views all year round
- Eco features include an energy efficient heat recovery system and solar reflective glazing
- The Beacon will be included in a LED lights installation which runs the full length of the seafront to the bandstand
- The project is part funded by the Council, One North East and the European Regional Development Fund 2007-2013.
Redcar Racecourse offers 18 days of action packed horse racing from April to November. The unique atmosphere created at Redcar Racecourse, coupled with excellent facilities, guarantees that you'll have a truly memorable day out. A day at the races is the perfect way to celebrate a special event whether you're planning a day out with friends or family, an action packed hen or stag party, or rewarding your employees for their hard work. Redcar Racecourse is also a full time conference and events centre, benefiting from a prime location within the Tees Valley area (formally known as Teesside). It's the perfect venue for wedding receptions, birthday parties, conferences, training days, seminars, dinners and team building days.