Welcome to Pool-in-Wharfedale, a village next to the river Wharfe located in West Yorkshire. This picturesque locale is known for its countryside and traditional stone buildings. A visit here offers a delightful blend of rural tranquility and rich history, with a variety of local amenities and attractions. From scenic walking trails to the historic St. Wilfrid’s Church, Pool-in-Wharfedale provides a unique and memorable experience for every visitor.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Pool-in-Wharfedale, West Yorkshire
- Pool-in-Wharfedale is a village and civil parish in the county of West Yorkshire, England.
- It is located in the metropolitan borough of the City of Leeds.
- The village is situated in the Wharfedale valley, hence its name.
- It is approximately 10 miles north-west from the city centre of Leeds.
- The River Wharfe runs to the south of the village, providing beautiful scenic views.
- Pool-in-Wharfedale has a population of around 2,284 people, according to the 2011 Census.
- The village has a rich history, with evidence of human habitation dating back to the Bronze Age.
- It has a number of amenities including a post office, a village hall, and several pubs.
- The village is surrounded by farmland, and agriculture has played a significant role in its history.
- Pool-in-Wharfedale is also known for its annual village show, which features competitions in various categories such as gardening, baking, and arts and crafts.
Pool-in-Wharfedale on the map
FAQs About Pool-in-Wharfedale
Where is Pool-in-Wharfedale located?
Pool-in-Wharfedale is a village in the county of West Yorkshire, England. It is situated near the River Wharfe, between the cities of Leeds and Harrogate.
What can I do in Pool-in-Wharfedale, West Yorkshire?
Pool-in-Wharfedale is a charming village with a lot to offer. You can enjoy scenic walks along the River Wharfe, visit the local pubs and restaurants, or explore the surrounding countryside. The village is also close to the cities of Leeds and Harrogate, which offer a wide range of attractions and activities.
What is the population of Pool-in-Wharfedale, West Yorkshire?
The population of Pool-in-Wharfedale is approximately 2,284 people, according to the 2011 Census.
Where Next after Pool-in-Wharfedale?
Having visited the charming village of Pool-in-Wharfedale in West Yorkshire, your next stop should definitely be the historic city of York. It’s just over an hour’s drive away and offers a wealth of attractions, including the iconic York Minster, the Shambles, and the Jorvik Viking Centre. If you’re a fan of the great outdoors, the Yorkshire Dales National Park is also within easy reach. Here, you can explore stunning landscapes, picturesque villages, and a myriad of walking trails. Alternatively, head to the coastal town of Whitby, famous for its Abbey and connections to Dracula. Don’t forget to visit the bustling city of Leeds, known for its shopping, nightlife, and the Royal Armouries Museum. All these locations offer a taste of the diverse experiences Yorkshire has to offer.