Welcome to Rastrick, a charming locality in West Yorkshire, England. This suburban area, located on the outskirts of Brighouse, is steeped in history and offers a unique blend of rural tranquility and urban convenience. Known for its stunning landscapes and architectural gems, Rastrick is a place where you can enjoy the serenity of the countryside while being just a stone’s throw away from bustling city life. With its rich heritage, friendly community, and easy access to a range of amenities, Rastrick is an ideal destination for visitors seeking a taste of authentic Yorkshire life.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Rastrick, West Yorkshire
- Rastrick is a village located in West Yorkshire, England.
- It is part of the metropolitan borough of Calderdale.
- The village is situated near the town of Brighouse, between the River Calder and the River Ryburn.
- Rastrick is known for its rich history, with many of its buildings dating back to the 19th century.
- It is home to the Rastrick Library, a Carnegie library that was built in 1912.
- The village has a population of approximately 11,000 people.
- Rastrick is known for its educational institutions, including Rastrick High School and Rastrick Independent School.
- The village is also home to St. Matthew’s Church, a Grade II listed building that was built in the 18th century.
- Rastrick has a strong sporting culture, with several local sports clubs including cricket, rugby, and football teams.
- The village is also known for its annual Rastrick Gala, a community event that features a parade, games, and food stalls.
Rastrick on the map
FAQs About Rastrick
Where is Rastrick located?
Rastrick is located in West Yorkshire, England.
What is Rastrick known for?
Rastrick is known for its rich history, beautiful landscapes, and being a part of the Brighouse town within the Calderdale borough of West Yorkshire.
What are some notable landmarks in Rastrick?
Some notable landmarks in Rastrick include the Rastrick Library and the St. Matthew’s Church, which is a Grade II listed building.
Where Next after Rastrick?
Having visited the charming village of Rastrick in West Yorkshire, you might be wondering where to head next. A short drive away is the bustling town of Huddersfield, known for its Victorian architecture and rich history. Here, you can explore the Huddersfield Art Gallery or take a stroll along the Huddersfield Narrow Canal. Alternatively, you could head to the city of Leeds, which is also in West Yorkshire. Leeds offers a variety of attractions, from the Royal Armouries Museum to the stunning Roundhay Park. If you’re a fan of the great outdoors, the Yorkshire Dales National Park is a must-visit. With its rolling hills, picturesque villages and abundant wildlife, it’s a perfect spot for hiking and wildlife spotting.