Welcome to Riddlesden, a charming village located in West Yorkshire. Known for its rich history and picturesque landscapes, Riddlesden offers a unique blend of rural tranquility and cultural heritage. The village is home to the National Trust’s East Riddlesden Hall, a 17th-century manor house with beautiful gardens, providing a glimpse into the past. With its scenic canal paths, traditional pubs, and friendly community, Riddlesden is an ideal destination for those seeking a peaceful retreat in the English countryside. Whether you’re a history enthusiast, nature lover, or simply looking for a quiet getaway, Riddlesden has something to offer everyone.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Riddlesden, West Yorkshire
- Riddlesden is a small village located in West Yorkshire, England.
- It is situated on the eastern edge of the town of Keighley.
- The village is known for its beautiful rural setting, surrounded by open fields and farmland.
- Riddlesden is home to the historic East Riddlesden Hall, a 17th-century manor house now owned by the National Trust.
- The Leeds and Liverpool Canal runs through Riddlesden, providing scenic walking routes.
- The village has a population of approximately 5,000 people.
- Riddlesden has a number of local amenities including a primary school, a golf club, and several pubs.
- The village is served by regular bus services to Keighley and Bradford.
- Riddlesden’s St. Mary’s Church, built in the 19th century, is a notable local landmark.
- The village also hosts an annual gala, which includes a parade, stalls, and various entertainment.
Riddlesden on the map
FAQs About Riddlesden
Where is Riddlesden located?
Riddlesden is located in West Yorkshire, England.
What are some notable attractions in Riddlesden, West Yorkshire?
One notable attraction in Riddlesden is the East Riddlesden Hall, a 17th-century manor house managed by the National Trust. The Leeds and Liverpool Canal also runs through Riddlesden.
What is the population of Riddlesden, West Yorkshire?
The population of Riddlesden can vary as it’s a small area, but as of the last census, it had a population of approximately 5,000 people.
Where Next after Riddlesden?
Having visited the charming village of Riddlesden in West Yorkshire, you might be wondering where to head next. A short drive away is the bustling town of Keighley, known for its vintage Keighley and Worth Valley Railway. If you’re a fan of literature, you should definitely visit the nearby village of Haworth, home to the Bronte Parsonage Museum, where the famous Bronte sisters lived and wrote their classic novels. For nature lovers, the Yorkshire Dales National Park is a must-visit, with its stunning landscapes and hiking trails. If you’re interested in history, the medieval Skipton Castle in Skipton is worth a visit. And don’t forget to explore the city of Leeds, with its rich industrial heritage, vibrant cultural scene, and excellent shopping opportunities. All these locations offer a taste of the diverse experiences Yorkshire has to offer.