Welcome to Rishworth, a village located in the Calderdale district of West Yorkshire near the M62 and the border with Lancashire. Known for its picturesque landscapes and rich history, Rishworth offers a unique blend of rural tranquility and cultural heritage. The village is surrounded by rolling hills and open fields, providing ample opportunities for outdoor activities. Its historical landmarks, such as the St. John’s Church and the Rishworth School, add a touch of antiquity to the modern amenities available. Whether you’re a history buff, nature lover, or just looking for a peaceful getaway, Rishworth is a destination that caters to all.
Table of Contents
Accommodation in Rishworth
Fact Pack – Rishworth, West Yorkshire
- Rishworth is a village in West Yorkshire, England.
- It is located in the Ryburn Valley, south of Halifax.
- The village is part of the civil parish of Ripponden.
- Rishworth is known for its picturesque rural scenery and historic buildings.
- The village is situated on the old packhorse route between Halifax and Rochdale.
- Rishworth School, a co-educational independent school, is located in the village.
- The village is home to several pubs, including The Bridge Inn and The Booth Wood Inn.
- Rishworth has a local cricket club, which is a member of the Halifax Cricket League.
- The village is surrounded by moorland, providing opportunities for walking and bird watching.
- Rishworth and its surrounding areas were used as filming locations for the BBC drama series, “Happy Valley”.
Rishworth on the map
FAQs About Rishworth
Where is Rishworth located?
Rishworth is located in West Yorkshire, England. It’s a small village situated on the eastern edge of the Pennines.
What are some notable attractions in Rishworth?
Rishworth is known for its beautiful countryside, making it a great place for walking and hiking. It’s also home to the Rishworth School, a co-educational independent school.
How can I get to Rishworth?
Rishworth is accessible by road, with the M62 motorway running close by. The nearest railway station is Sowerby Bridge, which is about 4 miles away. From there, you can take a taxi or local bus to reach Rishworth.
Where Next after Rishworth?
Having visited the charming village of Rishworth in West Yorkshire, you might be wondering where to head next. A short drive away is the bustling town of Halifax, home to the stunning Piece Hall and Eureka! The National Children’s Museum. If you’re a fan of literature, a trip to Haworth should be on your list, where you can explore the Brontë Parsonage Museum, the former home of the famous Brontë sisters. For nature lovers, the Yorkshire Dales National Park is a must-visit, offering breathtaking landscapes and numerous walking trails. Alternatively, you could head to the city of Leeds for a mix of shopping, dining, and cultural experiences, including the Royal Armouries Museum and Leeds Art Gallery. Yorkshire is a region rich in history, culture, and natural beauty, ensuring there’s always something new to discover.